Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Crotal bells VDIs on Garrett AT Pro

Hello everyone,
I'm brand new to this forum (or any MD forum for that matter), and a brand new owner of a Garrett AT Pro, which I got for Christmas. I apologize if I'm not posting this in the right threat - absolute noob with starting/posting threads. I'm really excited about using the AT Pro once the brutally cold weather gets a little warmer - I actually took it out after Christmas and dug a few coins, but had to walk away from a number of good targets due to not getting through the first several inches of hard ice with my Lesche. I've owned some White's machines in the past and more recently Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, so I've learned a lot and gained probably a few hundred hours' experience, but still have much to learn.

I'd like to expand from strictly coin shooting, and my goal, specifically, as sort of a bucket list I guess, would be to find a/some crotal bells (cast brass petal bells preferably) in public areas near my home that were formerly farms (I have access to good aerial maps & plat maps). I would feel comfortable using the AT Pro in Pro mode.

Could anyone please offer input on this - what VDIs might I expect for crotal bells with an AT Pro? I realize the brass bells will vary widely in size and that if they have an iron S pin or maybe even the "jingle" ball inside may be iron, so the VDIs wouldn't be consistent from bell to bell, coupled with variations in depth etc. But if anyone could just let me know if they've seen any trends or have a range of VDI to report, I'd be grateful. I have no idea how they would ring up in terms of sound or VDI since I'm brand new to the AT pro, and I may very well have passed over some with my BH LRP in the past because I was focused on getting coins. Thanks in advance!

I have found them....because they are large, and in the brass range, expect to find them in the high 80's VDI number. Good luck and welcome to the Garrett Forum. You can also get more information from the Findmall AT Forum.

http://www.findmall.com/list.php?79