Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Crushed my Specimen!!:tongue:

Gus in idaho

Awhile back I found a big specimen rock with Gerry and gang.
I had the specific gravity test done on it, and they said that it had 1.65 ounces of gold in it.
I believed it too, because you could hear it at 3 feet with a 16" mono nugget finder coil on my gp-3000.
The Rock to say the least was ugly. with alittle gold showing.
The real treat was hidden inside.
So I decided to crush it up.
Gerry took this photo, he will be upset that I crushed this rock.
But It was dull and boring.
[attachment 66140 Specimen3.jpg]
I used a mortor and petsle to crush the rock
[attachment 66141 gus_big_specimen005.jpg]
[attachment 66142 gus_big_specimen009.jpg]
A bowl of gold.
[attachment 66143 gus_big_specimen014.jpg]
Gus-

Sometimes that's the best way to go.
At least you get to check the accuracy of the sg test.
The bowl of gold looks great too...:)

Alan

Well there was 32 grams of free gold in the bowl,
And I left the one piece of rock in tack, it was the richest piece of them all.
It now weighs 36 grams, and it has to be half gold.
I figure the specific gravity test is a pretty accurate way to find out how much gold there is in a specie.
Gus-

n/t

Now if it would have been a nice hunk of white quartz with gold in it then hell no would I crush it up.
But honestly this rock was just not pretty at all.
I doubt I would have gotten much over spot on this piece.
Yes without a doubt it was probably worth more in tacked.
I dont intend on selling my gold.
Gus-

Hey Gus
I remember that day well when that chunck came out:cheers:It could be heard a good 3 feet away maybe more.I have to agree with crushing it simply being it was an ugly one and even knowing how much was in it.You still have a big piece there showing the vein that was hidden within.
That pile you crushed sure looks good,keep it all together and the story will be a great one:clap:Did they ever hit a good pocket way back to leave so much behind:blink:
WTG:super:
Marc

I knew you'd break down sooner or later and give it the old whapppa!!

At least you photographed the episode showing all the gold in those rocks and then took them down to the good stuff.

Be sure and keep that one piece As Is so to show what it originally looked like.

I did have fun on that trip with everyone and look forward to meeting up with you all again sometime soon.

Thanks for sharing.