Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CS beltbuckle or belt tongue?

My buddy and I went down to his Uncle's farm in Kentucky hoping to find some civil war relics. The farm is located about a 1/4 of a mile from a well known Confederate Army camp site. We didn't find many coins on the farm, but everything we find was old. I found a 1890 Indian Head Penny & 3 Wheats (18, 26 & 29). I also found a silver braclet and a CS belt buckle that I need some help in identifying. The belt buckle was found at 8 inches deep. All the pennies were found in the 5 inch range. It is listed as a confederate soldier Belt Buckle Tongue. If someone else has any better insight on what kind of belt buckle this is, I'd really appreciate the info.[attachment 59345 CSB.JPG]

Thats what it is and you have a real nice find there! I would work that area hard. Its amazing what you can find going back over a site many times. I find relics that I know I swung over more than once. What detector do you use?
Mike

I appreciate the responses. This is the first Civil War relic I've ever found. I use a White's XLT and my buddy was using a Garrett's 2500.

Don't clean it at all, that will buy you a couple of new metal detectors as it is!!!!!

Dean

Western theatre tongue. Now if you can just find the wreath. Good hunting, David

Nice, it is a tongue portion of a two piece CS buckle. I just sold one at a relic show for $900.00. Good condition pieces that are complete with wreath will sale for 2 to 3000.00. Good find!

Awesome piece!! Hit that spot HARD over and over again! There's got to be more relics in there and like said before you can go over a spot many times and still miss stuff that you will get at another time.