Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CS7 Performance

A

Anonymous

I purchased a CS7 last Dec.I have found when using on the beaches here in S. CA in the highest sensitivity setting the unit falses alot and is pretty unstable.Knowing no one else with this unit it is hard to compare and see if this is normal or a problem with the machine.All the praise this unit gets on the forums it is hard to believe mine can be so bad.Have there been any changes or updates on the newer ones?

With the Frequency control set at 5 o'clock position. You are more likely to be brothered by electrical interference. Try running it with the Frequency control at the 3 o'clock position. Run with very faint threshold. If you are working the edge of the shore line. Connect a wire from one of the screws on your battery compartment. Run the wire down a long the coil cable to about 3 inches above the top of the coil. This will make the machine run much more stable while working the edge of the water.
A friend of Rick has a CS-7 in near your area. Maybe you two can get together and compare machines.
Terry

Doug,
The frequency control should be coincided just a target selector rather than a sensitivity control. You will find that the depth is about the same regardless where the freq. control is. Certainly the sensitivity of certain targets will drop off. One can just set the tuning to be more responsive to certain metals. Of course we are all cranked up to the highest setting, searching for those white gold solitaires.
I would try turning down the frequency control, say to 3 o