Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ctx 3030 manual vs auto sensitivity

jaanusl

Hello, sorry for my bad english. My problem is that, when i run ctx at auto +3 , the left white nr is 27, so is the senitivity same as i set it manually to 27?

No, auto and manual are not the same. I know that seems confusing. The CTX uses 3 "channels" of frequencies. In the auto mode the CTX picks the quietest 1 channel. In manual mode it uses all 3 channels.

The sensitivity in Auto is not the same as in Manual with the CTX. Notice the difference in a US Dime in Auto +3 -- the sensitivity is no better than it would be at around Manual 15. The benefit of Auto +3 is the detector appears stable with far less random chirps. But if you are looking for the deepest targets then you'll have to abandon Auto mode. When detecting, let it chirp away, that is the new background threshold, ignore it. Dig anything that is NOT like the background threshold!

XKfID6VPJCND2smjcewgQ5SL_68NfJhX09MvAMbgbkCkylWr3jiSiQxlTFdKaha7jqeHDF1hEayH5nNwXE0javbYFIukdV7mAAh2kEfUg9ENO9KNThGGqPG2i4bfM3wC9Mmexd0yDg=w1920-h1080

Johnnyanglo, do you have a chart like the one above for nickels? Nickels are my favorite to dig. I always run in auto, but I get terrible depth on nickels.

I was thinking this refers to all FBS detectors?
For me manual sens. has always been deeper.

This is a fine line that each person has to walk according to their specific site and skill level. Having a newbie sail into some horribly trashy place and run Manual 25 will net them exactly ZERO. There is a “threshold”(no relation to the threshold hum)at which signals become uninterpretable to the untrained ear as the sensitivity is progressively turned up. Even a very experienced user can lose targets with a sensitivity too high, so use the above chart carefully, and most importantly, use the sensitivity control in conjunction with your own experience and specific sites.