Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 will not turn on

shackvt

Good Evening Folks:
Well I did a stupid thing I guess. I bought a used 3030 and think I got burned. I won't go into the boring details, but the party has my money, and I had to fight to get the unit. As you probably can guess, the unit is less than advertised and the seller, well, let's just say I own my dream machine, that I couldn't afford new, but it's dead. The unit is four years old and out of warranty, that was a surprise. Anyway enough crying, I did it now I need to make it work. I load the battery pack, push the power button and "nothing". He told me he checked it out before he sent it out and everything was fine, after everything else that went wrong, I guess I don't believe him, but I want to. So what could I be doing wrong? Has anyone else had a problem like this and is there a secret way to reset it, or backdoor the machine etc. I am using the alkaline battery pack. I have the rechargeable pack also, but not the charger so not sure if it has a charge. I called Minelab and they are backed up 45 days. Before I arrange to send it back I thought I would throw this out there. The whole 3030 is new to me, I currently swing an F75 Fisher and a ATpro, was looking to move up the chain.
Thanks Guys for any help. Please don't tell me what a jerk I am, I already know that.

If you haven't checked the cable connections, check to verify that they are tight. My only other thought would be to verify that all the alkaline batteries are indeed good, and that they are all installed properly in the pack. Good luck resolving your issue...