Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ctx / pi combo

destructo

wondering if anyone uses the ctx to clear out an area and then uses a pi machine or blisstool and tries to get a little more? D

In some mineralized soil a top end pi will detect deeper than the CTX, I know of a fresh water river 100 yards from my home that an upper end pi will detect deeper. We've got some tough river sand here in my area of California.

But out in ocean water comparisons should fare about the same,

Paul (Ca)

I have just begun to start using a variation on this,but as i dont use a ctx you can infact use most detectors to do the same function i use a DFX with a Hotshot coil on to clean the area first then when most of the junk is cleared or you have reached the maximum depth on your vlf detector/coil combination then its time to use a PI with a large coil to gain the extra depth.

Of course i dont use this for everyday detecting but only when you suspect a possible hoard or coin spill that type of thing but you have to way up the reward to effort ratio and work out if its worth it.Generally it works very well i mark out a small area with some 'hi viz' markers to define the area this could be say 50ft x50ft then use the VLF/PI combination to clear the area.