Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX

Ton1000

I have a CTX 3030, but I still love my cz5. I hunt Parks where the good coins are 6in or deeper with moderate iron junk for sure. Square nails etc. So there is some masking and the CTX does great with that. but I was curious if anybody can give their observations if they have tried to hunt with a CTX and then a cz5 at the same site?

Thanks.

Hey Ton...Shouldn’t it be “Ton2000”?:) Anyway...how long have you had your machines for? Are you thinking things are getting missed for some reason?

I have one experience i can relate. I was hunting with CTX and 6 inch coil, i got a nice tone but on target trace it was looking like a big piece of iron. I worked it from several angles and just couldn't make myself dig it up. About a week later i was eating a burger right across the street from this same lot and i had my cz3d in the truck with the small coil. I thought i would go over there where i had that signal and check out the cz on it. I got good signal with it and bad almost instantly from every angle. I was about to walk off when i decided to pinpoint and just see how big a piece of iron it was. It was big, but right at edge volume dropped off only to rise again about 1/2 inch away. I played around and could determine two distinct objects. I dug the plug and at 6 inches i got a nice merc. Was happy i went back. When i pinpointed with the ctx it was just a huge iron trace blob and i could not differentiate two distinct targets , although ctx did have good tone. I figured it was just false on the edge of iron. I have just never been able to bring myself to sell my cz's , they are extremely good machines for dated tech. I know this was not a cz5 but still a cz.