Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

curbstrip gives up 925 shiney

larbear

Last Saturday, I made plans to go do some curbstripping and the backup plan was to search a park if the curbstripping didn't pan out. Found a few curbstrips that looked like they could be good and got to hunting with the F70, 11" coil.
Got on to some clad, mostly pennies, ended up with 3 wheats, '27, '52, and a '57. Then I captured the 925 bracelet, down about 2 inches. It was dark and discolored from being in the dirt for so long, but it appeared it was intact, no broken pieces. I saw the Italy .925 stamp in a couple of places, so was very happy to be going home with some silver. The gold is still being elusive, no luck there.
Ran out of curbstrips to hunt, so headed for the park where I dug most of the clad.
Back at home, I took the picture of the bracelet and the coins. Then I put the bracelet in the tumbler with a load of quarters, some vinegar, salt, and a small amount of aquarium gravel. Tumbled for 40 minutes and the bracelet cleaned up very nicely. It is in the picture with the scale.
Dug a fair amount of trash but didn't include in the pictures. F70, 11" coil, disc 4, thresh -2 or -3, sens 60, 3H tones, 1 notch.

Really nice find,

Brother SL52 is right about those wheat pennies, if I am finding them it all most always leads to some silver. If I were you I would head back to that curb area and work it real slow, and if you have a little coil put it on the stick for better target separation. Also if you go back try working it from a different direction and if you find some big metal in the ground take it out, you may get some more silver out of there.

Do you happen to remember about what ID number showed up on that silver??

Ron in WV

Good advice WV62 & SL52. I do have the smaller coil, so I might go back sometime. If we get some rains, and if someone can accompany me, I might go back. It was a rough neighborhood and I felt a little vulnerable at times because I was by myself.
Can't remember the VDI number exactly, it was in the 70's if I remember right. I was thinking dime or penny, but yet it didn't seem like a single coin signal. The footprint was too large. Thought maybe it was two separate targets close together. I can do a test at home and send the results if you want ( I'm at work right now).
GL & HH