Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cure For Cabin Fever- Two Days With High Dosages Of Silver...

Critterhunter

Saturday weather was treating me right, so headed out for the first long hunt in a long span of time. Hunted for about 8 hours with GT using my 12x10. Didn't want to take the 8" Tornado on it's first decent hunt because the area I was hunting was large expanses of ground with low amounts of trash or iron. Coverage and depth was primary in this situation, so even though I'm itching to take the 8" Tornado on it's first decent hunt, with only having used it for an hour so far at a high iron laden sight, I resisted the urge to use it and instead used the right tool (12x10) for the right job.

Ended up with around 7 wheats or so, and then the silver started popping out. First dug was a silver 36 Washington quarter laying flat in the hole. Got up to re-sweep the plug and heard another sweet silver tone still in there. I love it when that happens. Carefully removed a bit more dirt at the bottom of the plug and at about 7 to 7.5" I see the silver edge of another quarter sticking straight up on edge. That sight of that always gets me. Plucked it out and here it was a standing liberty, with of course the date worn off like usual.

That makes around 8 or 9 of those coins for me over the years, with only 2 or so having readable dates, one of which was a 1921 in F12 condition and worth a good chunk of change.

The rest of the day was capped off with two mercs and a rosie. I took several pictures but every one of them had the coins showing only as a white image with no detail. I suspect the black background did something funky to the camera, so I've got nothing to post on those.

Yesterday I headed out for another hunt and got my second treatment of silver to fix the winter blues. Those pics I don't have uploaded to my computer at the moment but will try to get them up within a day or two here. Also got a few other interesting finds yesterday that I'll also post for show and tell too.