Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Curiosity killed the cat....

BuckeyeBrad

and the more I used the Omega and Gamma, the more I wondered what the Delta was like so I caved and bought one of the little rascals. Long story short, I can't imagine nor have I witnessed anything in this price range working as well. I'm probably like most of you all, I see some features or lack thereof on paper that I wonder and worry about. For example, I've had some less than stellar performance with other detectors that only had a pre-set GB system. This doesn't seem to be much of an issue on the Delta. This thing works really well. Took it out and of course the first thing I did was put on the DD. :thumbup: Right away I started snagging older coins in the 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 inch range and the ground is really dry. I could still hear the target if I raised the coil another couple to three inches. Not bad! The audio isn't modulated much if any at all so no matter what the depth of the target, it either screams or remains silent. Now I love modulated audio especially like the high tone on the Omega, so when I noticed the lack of it on the Delta, I'm thinking "Oh Oh". BUT since I was finding stuff, it didn't take long to become very confident in the highly accurate "on the fly" depth gauge and pinpoint depth readout. I'd hear a beep, glance at the ID and depth and if it's showing solid 5 bars, I KNEW the target was in the strata that are mostly older coins. That was easy enough and it put my concerns to rest. The volume control makes the screams more like a nice talking voice and affects the audio nuances in a good way seemingly more than just turning down the volume on the headphones. It has similar ability as its two bigger siblings (built on the same platform) around ID depth. This ground that I was hunting usually runs about 65 to 70 on the ground phase reading of all my other Teks. The fact that the preset is a fair amount higher than that didn't seem to be an issue with both depth of detection and ID. The real kicker and sweet feature of this relatively inexpensive detector is the dual mode true all metal. That's dual as in two different sensitivity biases (A-1 and A-2). Each seems to get the same depth at least in mild ground but each gives significantly different audio responses to the same target. One is for "normal" or mild ground and two is for higher mineralization. Very interesting and I can see where this feature is going to be useful. The sensitivity level being able to be adjusted separately for disc and AM mode like on the T-2 is a NICE touch!! EXCELLENT depth in AM. So is this just another "toy detector"? I don't think so!

They are coming with headphones & a pinpointer. Although some may be with a carry bag in place of one of the other items.

The Delta is one of the "what the heck?" detectors. You get it and think..."okay, near the bottom of the line-up...can't be very powerful". Then you fire it up and start hunting...you hit a target, start digging...and digging. That 's when you go "What the heck?...a detector in this range gets THAT kinda depth?" All-metal power is unheard of in this price range too. It's also hard to goof up the settings...it just works.

might be a little intimidated by a detector's complexity fascinates me. Recognizing that, it is one of the reasons I wanted to buy a Delta and check it out. It's no secret that there is a certain simple, inexpensive but capable and hugely successful detector out there from another brand. I've had a couple of them for my "studies" :D and know a lot of the locals that own top of the line detectors but have wound up buying 2 of those (they liked it so much that they wanted a backup too) and sprung for several extra coils and even inline pinpointers. They've spent 3 times what they spent on the detector for peripherals!! That never made any sense to me because I wasn't a huge fan of that detector in the first place. Then it hit me..... they appreciated the simplicity and ease of use for the amount of finds they were making with these detectors and in doing so, had no problem spending the big bucks for accessories. So ever since I came to that realization, I've been looking for viable and hopefully superior performing alternatives at or nearly at the same price. Enter the Delta.

n/t

Just back to basics hunting...but with easy power. No worrying "do I have this thing set right for optimal depth?" can make the hunt...well, fun! Now granted...I'm a nut for lotsa bells and whistles...but there's a lot to be said for simplicity as well.