Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Curious about T2SE

John (Ma)

I currently have an older MXT that I use relic and coin hunting. I had tried a F75SE for a short time and it was very busy for me. Maybe I did not give it enough time to learn the language and adjustments. I think some areas I hit can have EMI issues. I was curious if anyone Has experience with an MXT and T2SE and can give thoughts if this is really an upgrade? I thought with a wider iron range than the F75, it may be easier to distiguish non iron items? Any experiences would be greatly appreciated as I cannot keep affording to buy and sell a detector for a loss as I have done a couple of times. Thank you

I am mostly a coin hunter myself and do have a MXT the wife uses, had a reg T-2 and also a F75 SE. Of the 3 I like the F-75 myself for coin hunting, the MXT is a fun detector to use, in fact my favorite Whites I have used, now the T-2 for me is more sensitive and one I like for relic hunting, did find it false more on iron that the other 2 and dug more trash to coins as like I say it seem more sensitive. On the T-2 one of the first time I used it in a well worked area dug a walking lib half at 13 inches, but a very weak signal and yet repeatable enough to dig. Also in another old park found a small (half the size of a dime)1853 California gold coin that was not gold at all and think it was a souvenir that was around 7 inches deep. Another site I tried all metal being it was a old picnic grounds that was used back in the 30 and was picking up stick pins at 5 or more inches deep, so it seems very sensitive. My choice for easy to use is the MXT and fun to use, my next choice of those you mentioned would be the F75 SE for coin hunting and if I was just going to relic hunt the T-2 would be my choice.
I have tried a lot of different detectors and using a Minelab Sovereign since 1996 and also have a CTX 3030 I am trying to learn.

Just my 2 cents worth and opinions.

Good luck with your choice
Rick