Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Curious about ...

Sanderling

... what you do with your finds? Do you display them? Do you sell them? Keep them? Give them away? The gold I will try to sell from time to time. No one seems that interested in the silver and I do not get much for 925 rings. Most of the 925 rings are ladies rings and if the wife does not want them then I give them away to friends and family. I find Matchbox cars now and again and will give them to nice little kids I meet on the beach. I like to carry around some replica Spanish cobs that I will give to kids that are interested in the hobby. I would rather have the smiles that are given by the kids and parents than the $10 I would get for the rings.

So far I have not sold any of my precious metal finds. I am still enjoying reliving the find. If I were to sell it would be gold to ARA and I would attempt to sell the silver rings for a few dollars each at a yard sale. Even some of the stainless, tungsten and titanium rings would be worth a few bucks to the right person.

Lots of my trash comes home with me to be dumped into a box. I may do a bottle cap or pulltab sculpture someday. For some reason, I like to dig and save tent stakes.. Never know when somebody will need one. Clad coins get save to help buy more detecting stuff I don't need, interesting coins get saved. Any jewelry gets bagged and saved; my kids can dig through it, someday. ^_^

I catalog my silver and old copper coins. All coins are checked in the latest Red book and I keep key dates or pristine coins. When silver was about 50 bucks an ounce, I sold 800 common date silver roosies and mercury dimes to ARA. If my memory is correct, I got over 2000 dollars for these dimes at the 50 bucks an ounce price. My wife keeps most of the gold, but I did sell some to ARA. I tumble my clad and buy a new pinpointer and digger every winter with the proceeds. I have over 300 hot wheel type cars dating back to the 30's and 40's. Some are in nice condition and might have some value. The best thing about detecting is all metal is worth something. I don't think my interest in the hobby will ever diminish. The only thing that is slowing me down is all the bending is wearing my knees and back out.

Thanks for the responses. An interesting variety of them. I guess it really does not matter what you do with the varied finds as long as you are able to enjoy the hobby. HH!

Never sold a single coin or artifact yet and dont plan on selling any in the future either,all my gold coins ie Celtic gold staters etc,artifacts are also never sold are locked away too keep them safe,in my mind they are priceless.Only thing that i sell is all my scrap lead that i find on roman sites,that help pay for some petrol in the 4x4.

I have left strict instructions for my family when I pass on to redistribute my finds throughout the public parks in the Sacramento area so others may experience the joy of finding treasure.

Clad goes toward hobby expenses. Wheaties go in a 5 gallon water bottle. Silver goes in a 55 gallon drum (I have an Etrac!) :spin: Silver jewelry goes to kids and grandkids. Gold goes in safe until price is $2000 per ounce!