Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Curious have a question

c t

Is it true that fisher finally added washers to the cleavis for all coils my camo ltd didn't use washers. And needed only 1 when using the 5in coil also are the ears on the biaxial thicker now???? Thank you HH c t

When I sent my f75ltd black in for the upgrade they sent it back with 2 red washers. Originally it came with one black one.A T2 that I had didn't come with any. Still don't know if they're needed except on the bigger 15" coil but it doesn't hurt to have them.
HH
John

Same for me, except I sent mine in for upgrade and then back for repair from the upgrade and they sent me back 2 washers each time.

Ron in WV

Interesting. The lack of washers and thin coil ears were my primary complaints for years. Other than those 2 issues I love the 75 my all time favorite machine a little sparky but man the machine talks to you. It's ashamed. That upgrades had issues. Truly a great versatile machine. OK fellas I guess if they're sending washers that's another upgrade. Best of luck this and every future season HH c t ps you fellas said red washers wonder if they're silicone interesting

I put rubber washers on both sides of my 11"dd thin ear...

I got them from the rubber washer bin at the hardware store...took my lower rod in there to size them up, I found some with the right diameter and the right thickness...thing is, the sides of the lower rod washer walls will Wow out a deep groove in those thin coil ears after a few years of heavy swinging...nearly saw it right off!...so I filed down those rod sides so the washers stood just a bit 'proud' and it sure seems to have helped..a guy can adjust the tightness of the coil bolt so you get a little bit of flap just how you like it....

if your coil is flopping around no matter how tight you have the coil bolt, no doubt you have deep grooves worn into the coil ears...If you catch it in time, you can fill the worn grooves in with JB weld, file off a bit of that lower rod washer detent area, essentially making it 'narrower' put some rubber washers in there, and have a Merry Christmas!:thumbup:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
I put rubber washers on both sides of my 11"dd thin ear...

I got them from the rubber washer bin at the hardware store...took my lower rod in there to size them up, I found some with the right diameter and the right thickness...thing is, the sides of the lower rod washer walls will Wow out a deep groove in those thin coil ears after a few years of heavy swinging...nearly saw it right off!...so I filed down those rod sides so the washers stood just a bit 'proud' and it sure seems to have helped..a guy can adjust the tightness of the coil bolt so you get a little bit of flap just how you like it....

if your coil is flopping around no matter how tight you have the coil bolt, no doubt you have deep grooves worn into the coil ears...If you catch it in time, you can fill the worn grooves in with JB weld, file off a bit of that lower rod washer detent area, essentially making it 'narrower' put some rubber washers in there, and have a Merry Christmas!:thumbup:
Mud

Mudpuppy, Every little bit of wisdom you impart on us makes it a Merry Christmas....

Kudos Mud!:yo:
Pretty much my same fix since mine didn't have washers either. You would have loved my fabrication shop I had on the farm back in the day. I like JB too, ever since good old Paul Harvey advertised it on his news program:thumbup: Gooooooooooood Day------IB

Hey IB...
I must give props to Del (D&P-Or) who turned me on to this kind of fix for those thin ear coils...He was very gracious in his advice when I was attempting the whole 11" coil mod 'fin cut off' kick...it worked very much nicely!
I do love any fabrication shop!...:clapping: A guys got to work with their hands...hands remember what the mind forgets..:thumbup:
mud

I just picked up a new NEL Sharpshooter for my 75--it came with a cover and a bolt AND washers!!