Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

custom coin and jewelry program

Guitarman61

I have just purchased a new V3I and am running it in the stock coin and jewelry program. I am also digging every target that comes up until I am very familiar with the information on the screen. I will be using it mostly for parks and schools so I will be using some type of coin and jewelry program. I will from time to time hunt older properties searching for older coins. I guess what I would like to know, is there an all around custom coin and jewelry program out there that a lot of V3Iers use that works better than any other? I Had been using the DFX for the past ten years and have had a lot of success with it but did not do much customizing with it. Thank you.

Here is a link to do a search on the Findmall V3i forum

http://www.findmall.com/search.php?66,search=Coin+jewelry+program,author=,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=0,match_forum=66,match_threads=0

Here is a link to the Whites Electronics V3i forum

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/forumdisplay.php?54-Spectra-V-Series&s=7eca507eab587df1599bc9e9560f859c

There is good info on both forums.

Guitarman61 said:
I have just purchased a new V3I and am running it in the stock coin and jewelry program. I am also digging every target that comes up until I am very familiar with the information on the screen. I will be using it mostly for parks and schools so I will be using some type of coin and jewelry program. I will from time to time hunt older properties searching for older coins. I guess what I would like to know, is there an all around custom coin and jewelry program out there that a lot of V3Iers use that works better than any other? I Had been using the DFX for the past ten years and have had a lot of success with it but did not do much customizing with it. Thank you.

You can take the Coin and Jewelry program and make it a lot hotter to hit deeper coins than the DFX.

I would not disc anything out at all on the V3i. Rather, I would accept all ferrous (iron) targets and assign either a 0 (zero) sound or very very low sound to all ferrous targets.

Next, bury a quarter at 8 inches. Adjust your Rx Gain down and Sensitivity down to where you just barely hit the quarter. Now adjust your Ground Filters to see which
one works best in your soil. If you get a little better hit on 5 Ground Filter, rather than the higher ones, then go back after accepting the 5 band pass ground filter (I wouldn't use the "High pass")
then adjust back up your Rx Gain and Sensitivity and for goodness sake make sure you do a good Ground Balance!

You can do this in a school or park or wherever and then go have fun!

If you haven't already, I'd really suggest setting up a test garden with what you want to hunt and practice in it. Fine tune any program you have or build to suit your ground and preferences. Also, include in your test area any trash you frequently dig when you hunt. With a little practice, you'll eliminate some of the junk and dig more productively. The catch is always going to be some of the gold jewelry will always register the same as some of the junk, but with practice you will fine tune yourself to eliminate a lot of it.

coherent said:
If you haven't already, I'd really suggest setting up a test garden with what you want to hunt and practice in it. Fine tune any program you have or build to suit your ground and preferences. Also, include in your test area any trash you frequently dig when you hunt. With a little practice, you'll eliminate some of the junk and dig more productively. The catch is always going to be some of the gold jewelry will always register the same as some of the junk, but with practice you will fine tune yourself to eliminate a lot of it.

Exactly!
I'd bury coins at different depths. First make sure the ground is void of trash. Plant the coins about a foot and a half or so apart.
A quarter can be buried around 10 to 12 inches.
A penny and dime and nickel around 9 inches.
You might want to take a small plastic plate and put it in the bottom of the hole and put the coin flat on that plate. The bury that coin compressing the soil
so as to take the air out of the soil. The plastic plate is to help keep the coin from turning in the winter as the ground freezes or from going deeper.

I buried some coins in my garden about 15 years ago and cannot detect them now as they have sunk too deep.