Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Custom Icon Text...

a.c.t.i.v.8

Is there a reason, why certain custom icon text is smaller than others ? I have set a few up in one of my programs, and some seems larger than others. As far as I can see, they are all set in medium ??

Dave

DELTA196 said:
Does it auto shrink it to fit the word in perhaps. Is the word longer when it's smaller?

No my friend, I thought that myself !!!

I'll check it today. The last time I was doing it as I remember the problem was the screens with 2 icons. I think if there was 1 ion the letters were fine but if there was writing and an icon the letters were small. As I remember I wanted to have Indian and penny icon. The icon was normal and the print was small. As I said I'll check it tonight. Rob

rcasio44 said:
I'll check it today. The last time I was doing it as I remember the problem was the screens with 2 icons. I think if there was 1 ion the letters were fine but if there was writing and an icon the letters were small. As I remember I wanted to have Indian and penny icon. The icon was normal and the print was small. As I said I'll check it tonight. Rob

Thanks Rob......

First let me say it don't use icons and have mine turned off. Why would you need them? It looked to me like [size=large]IRON[/size] looked bigger than [size=medium]Nickel[/size]. This is one I'd like Anne or someone answer. I don't like the way the text looks. Rob

rcasio44 said:
First let me say it don't use icons and have mine turned off. Why would you need them? It looked to me like [size=large]IRON[/size] looked bigger than [size=medium]Nickel[/size]. This is one I'd like Anne or someone answer. I don't like the way the text looks. Rob

Rob, it is not just me then !!!

1. Go to expert menu/configuration/live search screen/search/icon/size...then change size.

This will increase the size of the icon to include custom text. The icons/text WILL shrink if you enable a second icon.

GL

Yes I knew that. I had Indian for the first icon and zinc for the second. It looked bad. The text was too small. Rob

Did you try to also increase the size of the VDI/depth and or change the size of the spectragraph smaller?

Maybe someday we'll be able to import our own icons ;)

I run the graph as big as I can and I run the resolution a lower than 7 for more information. I use small VDI/ Depth which big enough for me. I don't have the icons disabled and have all the colors matching in all the programs. I also find that I like all the live controls the same and in the same order for all my programs. I don't use the rule or have the ground report. Rob