Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Custom Nokta

UtahRich

I read back in the early pages of this forum that Nokta was making left-handed versions of the CoRe, on a request basis, through Kellyco. Is this still the case? If so, how about the Relic? I made a major change to my detecting arsenal earlier this year and have made a move to spend more time in some of the ghost towns of the west. Being lefty, I have been considering the CoRe and Relic but am concerned about the hassle of tipping the detector upward to see what is on the screen, and then having to interpret it upside-down. Consequently, the Racer 2 and Impact look more user friendly to me.

If the IMPACT comes out significantly above my price point, is there still an option for me to get a 'lefty' Relic or CoRe? Are there any pictures of a converted CoRe/Relic?

Rich (Utah)

while it would be a handy offering for a 'lefty' and would allow you a quick view of the side-located settings info, I personally don't think it is a major need. I say that because once the main-use search mode is selected and you save the primary-use settings for that search mode and general coil you would select for that mode and set-up, then I haven't found a frequent need to tweak the settings once in operation.

With all of the settings 'Saved' then you are almost ready-to-go at turn-on. For example, I have my FORS CoRe ready-to-go with the 'OOR' coil mounted as I use that combination the most in the very iron infested sites I hunt. With the small coil and when hunting in a dense iron debris area, it is saved to turn-on in the 3-Tone Discriminate mode. My most frequently used FORS Relic sports the round 5½" DD coil and, also used in dense trash, turns-on in the 3-Tone Discriminate mode.

My 2nd grabbed FORS Relic has the 5½X10 Concentric coil mounted full-time for use in locations with low-to-moderate trash and where the main problem iron junk targets are nails and other wire-iron type targets, like cut fence wire, etc. That model is 'saved' to turn-on in the 2-Tone mode. My 3rd R-P Relic has the standard 7X11 DD coil mounted and I grab it for wide-open, sparse-target sites, and the 'turn-on' saved program is the DEEP Discriminate mode.

With all four of these models I can grab them with a left or right hand, turn then On, then use the hand-grip positioned Ground Grab automated pushbutton to establish a working Ground Balance and hunt away. No need to glance at the side display. I can see the primary Ground Phase read-out in the hand-grip display. Then I hunt and listen for any audio target response and use the combination of audio Tone ID, consistency of the audio response and audio tones, and a glance at the Target ID display in the hand-grip to make a Dig/No-Dig decision. Again, no need to glance at the side-located adjustment display.

I can then pinpoint to isolate the targets and to help accomplish this I can use the Coin Depth read-out in the hand-grip display, so, again, there is no real need to refer to the side-located settings display. Most of our detecting time should be spent searching and all the main display information we might want or need, to include Target ID, Coin Depth and Ground balance read-out, are all right there in front of us in a comfortable-sized read-out atop the hand-grip, and it doesn't matter if the grip is held with our right or left hand.

I might be making a travel back through your area before much huntable weather returns, and if so I'll give you a heads-up in advance. I'd be glad to stop by or meet up and let you give the CoRe and Relic a try and see how comfortable they might be 'as-is' in their normal build design.

Monte

Monte,

Thanks for the response. I'm going to send you an email a little later.

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:
I read back in the early pages of this forum that Nokta was making left-handed versions of the CoRe, on a request basis, through Kellyco. Is this still the case? If so, how about the Relic? I made a major change to my detecting arsenal earlier this year and have made a move to spend more time in some of the ghost towns of the west. Being lefty, I have been considering the CoRe and Relic but am concerned about the hassle of tipping the detector upward to see what is on the screen, and then having to interpret it upside-down. Consequently, the Racer 2 and Impact look more user friendly to me.

If the IMPACT comes out significantly above my price point, is there still an option for me to get a 'lefty' Relic or CoRe? Are there any pictures of a converted CoRe/Relic?

Rich (Utah)

Hello. The left handed version of the Relic can be ordered thru Kellyco in the USA.

Thank You for the Reply. Glad that option is available, if needed.

Rich -