Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cut Down

coffey67

Thinking about "cutting down" one of my detectors to make it into a short model that would allow you to more easily detect a crawl space, cave, or other area where a long shafted detector would be awkward to use. Anyone else ever done this? Thoughts?

I thought about doing something similar a few years ago,, and may have asked the same thing on here. I was looking into it for hunting trashy , or target rich environments,, because my legs ,knees , and isn't what it used to be. Figured I could just scoot around on the ground. But I never did it,, was sure how the coil would react so close to the electronics . Let us know what you find out.

Interesting concept, will be watching.........

Interesting concept, will be watching.........
Hey Ronstar,
Over the years I once saw a guy that cut down a Tesoro Sidewinder using the top
rod and customized it with a 4 inch coil.It looked to be about 16" long
and hooked it on the back of his belt and turned it on when needed.
Never hurts to think outside the BOX!!!
silverseeker2

Hope he didnt have a knee replacement..... be turning around all the time!

One guy I worked with had a short shaft he used to work under the boardwalks on a few beaches at the Jersey Shore. He used a Whites Spectrum XLT. He got the V3 (or is that the VX3?) when it first came out and ended up going back to the Spectrum XLT because he was so used to it.