Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cut silver

7centsworth

Went to a place I have been to before. This sight is the one that has all the graves in the woods that have been found. Only about 5 are marked but over 300 have been found now. And out in the field away from it is where we have found around 30 flat buttons and several coins. The owner contacted me a couple years ago to help determine what was there. Today I found this cut silver coin, my first. I’m not sure what denomination it is. It is very small. I put a dime beside it for reference. Also found the flat button. My buddy found several flat buttons.

Attachments

• D3DEB9F0-7359-4049-9820-40E6BBC9C29F.jpeg
    D3DEB9F0-7359-4049-9820-40E6BBC9C29F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 90
  • C9E886AA-0E96-481D-A90C-171E55206143.jpeg
    C9E886AA-0E96-481D-A90C-171E55206143.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • 7572C805-827C-47DE-8885-2B51C4802E01.jpeg
    7572C805-827C-47DE-8885-2B51C4802E01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • FED66E04-5523-4FF4-8093-8C851C2E0992.jpeg
    FED66E04-5523-4FF4-8093-8C851C2E0992.jpeg
    728.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 40DE68A2-9351-40C8-BAF4-582119E90F4D.png
    40DE68A2-9351-40C8-BAF4-582119E90F4D.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 96
Incredible find.
Do you have any history on the area ?
We can’t find anything on it. They did a article in n our local paper a couple years ago on me detecting. And the owners contacted me after they saw the article. They wanted me to help them with it. We cannot figure it out. Most of the graves they have determined were children. And this field is huge and you can literally find things anywhere in it. The graves are all together seems to be and they are in the woods. But this place isn’t close to anything. It way back off the road.

That's great, 7centsworth, that you were able to help locate the unmarked graves! Your finds are just a bonus for your good deed. A few years ago, Kenneth and I traveled to a community in central Texas to locate grave sites in a church cemetary where some of the gravestones were washed away during a flood in the 1920's. It's very satisfying to put our detecting skills to good use helping the Church. Nice finds! Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

We can’t find anything on it. They did a article in n our local paper a couple years ago on me detecting. And the owners contacted me after they saw the article. They wanted me to help them with it. We cannot figure it out. Most of the graves they have determined were children. And this field is huge and you can literally find things anywhere in it. The graves are all together seems to be and they are in the woods. But this place isn’t close to anything. It way back off the road.
So isolated may have been a burial for those with the Pox.

So isolated may have been a burial for those with the Pox.
Maybe. There was something huge there beside the grave yard. I find everything in a huge field over 10 acres I have hunted so far and you can find things about anywhere in the field. The field is probably over 50 acres. And I have only hunted a small portion but have found good targets everywhere in it.

That's great, 7centsworth, that you were able to help locate the unmarked graves! Your finds are just a bonus for your good deed. A few years ago, Kenneth and I traveled to a community in central Texas to locate grave sites in a church cemetary where some of the gravestones were washed away during a flood in the 1920's. It's very satisfying to put our detecting skills to good use helping the Church. Nice finds! Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
I helped locate a few but they had already located most of them.

Maybe. There was something huge there beside the grave yard. I find everything in a huge field over 10 acres I have hunted so far and you can find things about anywhere in the field. The field is probably over 50 acres. And I have only hunted a small portion but have found good targets everywhere in it.
Probably a cabin or little village near by.
You just haven't found it yet.
Possible it got flooded out or some other disaster.
Find any stone foundations anywhere ?
Or any group of stones ?

Probably a cabin or little village near by.
You just haven't found it yet.
Possible it got flooded out or some other disaster.
Find any stone foundations anywhere ?
Or any group of stones ?
No foundation anywhere. But I have looked at 1951 aerial views and could see lines in the field like there may have been a really big building. We think it may have been where two churches use to be together. We know that two near by church es use to be together in the early 1800’s but split sometime before 1864.

No foundation anywhere. But I have looked at 1951 aerial views and could see lines in the field like there may have been a really big building. We think it may have been where two churches use to be together. We know that two near by church es use to be together in the early 1800’s but split sometime before 1864.
Interesting.
Be an adventure