Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cutting glare on screen- some help!

cdsmith46

I realise that this could as easily have gone on the modifications forum, and if it is moved there, I will not be offended.
Working from advice that Stasys provided earlier, I went to see a buddy who has an art/framing shop. He was able to provide glare cutting glass that is frosted with acid on both sides, which helps to further cut glare. He cut me a piece 2 x 3 inches, and we pushed it all the way to the top of the screen frame, centered it left to right, and put a long piece of tape across the top of the frame and on to the glass piece. It acts as a firm hinge. He then used 2 tiny sticky balls, about the size of a BB, at the lower corners to stick it to the actual faceplate surface. I am right up there with sliced bread and canned beer now!
Is it perfect? No, but it is definitely better. The 2 sided frosted glass seems to help some. The cost to me was $5.00, which I consider cheap, but he had to cut a new piece of glass and fiddle with it a little. The 5 dollars was his charge to a friend, and I appreciated it. It could have been more.
Chuck Smith
St. Francisville, LA.
or as I like to think of it, Cajunistan!