Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CW forts trails camp sites in westren oklahoma

Dirtyray

Hello ...im kinda new too this and was wanting too know how do i find old camp sites along this river near here they surly went up and down it too fort supply fort reno fort cantoment in canton oklahoma where would you look at on the river ?Thanks any help would be awesome would love too find a three ringer i know the CW wasnt too much here in westren oklahoma but i wanna find older things from this time era...thanks

1 - Google
2- Library / History Books
3- Old maps

In addition to CCH's suggestions........ many counties have a historical association/museum that is packed with local info.

Look up the Official Records and search for nearby towns amd counties, etc.

google earth

Google earth ? im not understanding how google earth would help if theres no actual stories about it in (DEWEY COUNTY OKLAHOMA ) AS far as research gose ive looked and looked i know its a hot and heavy traveled river but where would you look ?

After you have done all of the above, then spend a whole lot of time in the field with your detector, be patient, take notes, mark down your finds on a map somehow, and determine a pattern; then use the pattern to find the next most likely location.

Old roads, river crossings, nearby creeks...etc old survey maps are great.