Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CW pecussion cap at 8" bad grd! RE" Whites new TDI

FrankMD

Frm the Friends & Finds Forum:

Welcome, FrankMD (Log Out) Control Center Private Messages
I'm on my way home from Virginia .....
Posted by: Ed SW Fla [ Send a PM ]
Date: April 01, 2008 04:25AM Registered: 2 years ago

.... will get back to SW Fla early this afternoon. As soon as I can, I'll count my meager find of bullets for Craig's contest.

Was fun spending time with Butch, Pam, Craig, Jim, and of course my buddy Keith from PA. That's where I am right now ... at Keith's house.

Keith was using the new White's TDI final prototype pulse delay with discrimination. Wow, that machine was finding even small stuff deep in that hot ground .... like a percussion cap at 6 to 8". I know that does not sound deep for normal ground, but in this hot ground that's unbelievable.

We did a little test .... The TDI found a target that was guessed to be a mini ball. Before it was dug we scanned the location with an MXT and a Minelab. Neither even got the threshhold to warble or move. Then the target found by the TDI was dug to find a 69 cal mini at 8 to 10" deep.

That will be a very popular machine for relic hunters in bad ground. No real advantage for folks to use a TDI in friendly ground.