Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CW Relic hunting bonanza-very good last three weeks!

I have found six Confederate Buttons (including this Mississippi I cuff and Cast I) in the last six weeks as well as numerous Union Eagle I buttons. It has been a good season thus far. My relic hunting partner, Nick Periut (Army of TN Relics) and I joke about the Relic Goddess named "Relica" showering us with her blessings. Of course we are only joking and are not intending on starting a new religion. We both are Christians. However, we do say that when we strike out that Relica is angry with us. Just some dumb relic hunting humor.

Does anyone want to share their stupid stories and silly names for stuff? It could give us some good entertainment.

Lynn
Detector Depot
www.detectordepot.com

PM Question: What other Confederate Buttons have you found?

Answer: Three CAST Is, One NC Sunburst, One Iron-back puffed rim I button, and as above the Miss. cuff I.

Lynn

Thanks. I hope I have not found my next years allotment of Confed buttons. We are basically going into "hunted out" areas with F75 LTDs, T2 LTDs and the GPX 5000. We do hunt sometimes for eight hours and find one or two relics. However for me it is worth hunting all day and finding a Cast I. Most places are slim pickins' but we have had some good finds. Nick found a Confederate Naval Cutlass handle. It literally was all by itself in the middle of nowhere.

When a spot was yielding so much back in the day a lot of hunters gave up when they quit finding loads and loads of relics. So the spot is deemed "hunted out" or "raw-hided" and that is where we are looking today. Collectively in one spot we have found some really good Confed. relics and everyone still thinks it is hunted out. I hope they keep thinking that.

Lynn
Detector Depot

P.S. Check out Nick's website and look under "Recend Diggings" for more photos. http://www.armyoftennesseerelics.com/