Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CX PLUS ?

TXPIRATE

I Purchased a new Master hunter CX PLUS on Oct 24. I have left the detector in the intital settings but this morning I was setting up to just disc out nails the left hand knob is nice and tight but the right hand knob is very loose and moves up and down. So it looks like my brand new detector is going to have to go back to the shop.
That really upsets me when I have only used it three times. This is the first time since 1983 I every had to send a detector in for repair.
Has any one else had trouble with there CX PLUS.

That anything from Garrett exhibits such a thing. It may just be the pot needs to be tightened. Pull off the knob and see if you can screw down on the locking nut.

Yes i'm surprised also that is why I am so disappointed. Why I'm sending it back its so loose that not even sure how accurate that side of the disc. is if it needs to be recalibrated.

I talked to Garrett today. When I told Sue that it sounds like the whole knob is rattling in the box, And also that the plastic plug was missing from were the headphones go in. She told me to send it back with the coil and rod. She ran the serial # and its brand new. So I will mail it off in the morning.

Awh man, that sux!:( Sorry to see that your detector(brand new)is fouled up. Garrett's will fix ya' up in no time.:biggrin:

Dang, the knobs on my GMH are just fine and I've owned it for over twenty years. CXII also, and it's nearly as old.

Now as for the knob(s) on my old BFO machines? Who knows where they are?:shrug:Who knows, I might dig 'em up some day!:rofl:

Best of luck to ya' with your CX Plus in the future. Happy Hunting!:)