Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 10.5" coil

Has anyone used a 10.5" coil on their CZ. How is the depth compared to the standard 8" coil?

Deciding whether it's worthwhile to add a 10.5" coil .

Thanks

Ken

My 10.5" is about 1-1/4" deeper than my 8"...I like it. Very rarely use the 8.

I keep mine on now that i can see that it works better on finding silver on a 4-1 ratio compared to my 8 inch coil.

I do not have the 8 but i know my 10 is a beast on the beach. I hit a gold toe ring in dry sand 15 inches and I can dig a quarter at 10+ ez in the wet sand

Its heavy and even if you body mount it makes the unit nose heavy. It pinpoints well and gives you an inch or so more depth but really increases the coverage...Not for everyday use but in large fields or beaches excells....just for the coverage alone.....

Gets approx. 1 to1 1/2 inches more depth than the 8" depending on the target. It drives me nuts in trash, too much coverage and my brain gets an overload of signals. Open land or at the beach its great. Worthy addition to your CZ

I get close to 2 more inches of depth with my 10 1/2" coil over my stock coil.
Another thing besides more coverage with the bigger coil is it seems to like deep coins on edge better than the stock coil.
Like the others said, the big coil is great for wide open areas with not much trash. If you don't own a 5" coil for your CZ5, I would
recommend the small coil over the big coil.... it is as deep as the stock coil and will pick between the trash for the good targets.

Roger

I buried a mercury dime at a measured 9'' about five or six years ago. The eight inch on my cz5 will not let me know it is there, but putting on the 10 1/2' coil it gets it very good. Even about two inches above the ground.....Jack