Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-20?? any feedback on how it compares to Excalibur?

EZ2Find

Need CZ-20 users feedback on the unit. I just bought one. Any tips out there from experienced users?
Thanks!!!

TheGoldenOlde.com

I find on the beaches the Excalibur works better in the iron trash. There have been times after a storm there was so much exposed iron that the Excal worked better for me picking out the old silver. I have followed in the path of guys with CZ20s and pickup up a lot of silver and old nickels. This is only my opinion, and still say they are both great. For freshwater diving just wish you could take CZ20 out of salt mode.

EZ2Find, I have a CZ20 and really like it, it is the easiest detector I have ever used, and it is tough, mine has taken a beaten and it's still ticking with no problems, I hunt mostly Ormond Beach & Daytona Beach, and a lot of inland too, like parks and picnic area and RV parks.

I have the 8" coil on mine, that helps in the trashy areas, but at times I wish I had the 10.5" for the beaches, and then again I am glad I got it with the 8" because the currents have less pull on it, and believe me that takes a toll on the arm in a few hours.

As far as iron being a problem, it is not a problem, some area of the beach is infested with pieces of iron the size of a pin head to a half dollar, I never use the dis. even in these areas, I hear the low bonk tone I know it is iron or junk, and move on, when I first got the CZ20 I would dig the low tones and it would be junk, just learn the tones, and how they react and the CZ20 will reward you.

I have hunted behind Excalibur and a lot of other detectors that have gridded the area, and also found silver and jewelry they have missed.

I use the bobbing method for ground balance and that works fine for me,I must warn you the cz20 is one deep seeking machine, and by all means get a chest harness, they work great and only cost around $20.00 to $25.00 Hope you enjoy your new detector, and Merry Christmas, Bernie

For the price of used detectors, you can almost get both for the price of either, new. And whicever you use as a primary, you have a really good backup.