Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz 20 coil size

A

Anonymous

here is some more information about my question about coil size. I hunt in shallow water. I like to know which are the main differences between the two coil sizes ( 8 INCHES/10 INCHES)I am goin to order a cz 20 as soon as frances goes away and I have to make a decition between this two sizes.thank you gays and sorry for my english but I am from argentina and english is not my original lenguage.

Hi Alex.
For large open beaches the 10.5in coil is superior and less tiring because when you swing the coil and
walk slowly forward this size coil fits nicely with
the rhythm and size of your steps. With an 8" coil on
above large open beach you will have to swing the coil a lot more in order to cover the same area, and also take smaller steps.
The 8" coil is better for smaller areas, uneven areas
,areas with obstructions and trash, and for shallow
water search up to around 50 cm, when in deeper water
say up to armpit then either coil will do as there is
water resistance to deal with, so slow and easy when in the water.
There is not much difference in dept capability between the two coils, but the 8" coil is slightly
easier to pinpoint with
Regards ivanll

I would go with the larger coil for coverage alone. Extra weight is not a problem as in the water buoyancy of water negates the extra weight..

If the CZ-20 is going to be exclusively used in beach/sand/water then get the large coil. The 8" coil works great for me, but I use mine in stony creeks and dense woods on occasion. good luck and Happy hunting!