Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 20 Question?

[size=medium][/size]Has anybody tried to take a cz20 apart, i have a friend that has one and the headphone wire is broke about an inch from it goes into the box, and was wondering if anybody had this problem and fixed it, all the help will be appreciated, that you, harold

Dont try it! Scubadetector tried it, I tried it...both were unsuccessful. I can tell you how to take it apart, but I cannot tell you how to put it back together so it doesnt leak!
Mud

[size=large][/size]well the man i'm doing it for is 82 and don't get out that much and he don't want to send it back in to be fixed so i told him i would give it a try, i do all my work on my excal so i said why not. Harold

OK then take off the battery cover, loosen up the cable connectors on the outside of the box, theres four little screws back in the battery compartment that hold the thing all together, they are covered with silicon caulk, once you take them out, you can gently split the housing and easily slide the coil wire, and headphone wire through the cable fittings...good luck!
Mud

Why not? Becasue you are NOT going to be able to waterproof it and maybe not get it to work again. I also have a friend that killed his trying to do it himself. Get an inline waterproff conection and repair the wire that way. It might work and might not but better than messing the whole thing up and having to pay 300.00 to have it made into a CZ-21 just because of a cable. And NO, they will not just fix the cable without making it into a CZ-21.

When they take them apart, they also take off the front knobs, take off the sticker with all the settings and there are 4 more screws under it. That takes the front apart , BUT now you have to replace a sticker.

Mud tried to help. I am almost positive you will not be able to get it to be waterproof again. AND you have 3 circuit boards to play with inside.