Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 20 replcement battery door dilema-HELP

GTzer

Got my replacement battery door for my CZ 20. One capture screw is slightly out of alignment. I can deal with that.

[size=large]Main issue- there is a HEAVY duty plastic array inside of the replacement door which adds about

Photo of door would help to tell if you got the correct one.

That would take some help from my daughter (away right now)

I believe that is the right door. part # 12-202079 kellyco in Fisher accessories. It will fit-just NOT with the batteries. Old & new gaskets are a match also. Face up-there are 14 boxes of heavy plastic-(close to 1/8" thick) that are level with the gasket flange.

"Observation-under the foam pad of the original-it looks as though some one cut that same HEAVY duty plastic array down & covered it."

Here are some quick pictures of the battery cover from my CZ20 with the foam in place and out.
If you need clearer pictures let me know and I'll borrow my wife's camera and take some more.
Cheers,
tvr

Thanks TVR. I do have the original door for the CZ 20. It was crached from over tightening. I could see light thru the cracks on the 2 tabs. I repaired it but decided to wait for the replacement door. Guy on another site said that all replacement doors are for the CZ 21 which has the extra plastic that I described. My CZ 20 has the quad 9 v battery pak. It needs the depression (shown in your pics ) to allow the door to fit over tha batteries.
Picture those heavy plastic boxes level with the gasket lip-and that's what they call the replacement. 3 hrs with:an occillating saw,nippers,dremel & sandblock-------and it fits.Had to tighten beyond -finger tight--but seemed to be water tight.

I appreciate your time & photos. Just keep this info in mind if you ever need a door.........

Amazing what you can do with a few hand tools and a little patience.

Glad you got it all fitted together and am now looking forward to reading about how you do hunting with the CZ20!!
Cheers,
tvr

Per Fisher- the 1280 door was incorrectly listed as a replacement along with CZ 20/21. 1280 has the xtra plastic I described and would have to be milled out to work. They are sending a CZ 20/21 door to me (no charge) for my trouble.