Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 20 Sealing the stress reliefs & headphone questions

GTzer

Final QUESTIONS so I can finish preping and teat this unit in Saltwater (wading-not diving)
Questions in BOLD type.

RTVed -the face plate gasket, around the nuts under the 4 knobs, the PP switch,a thin coat over the LEDs, 2 holes directly below the PP button and inside the stress relief at the coil. Battery box cracks sealed good enough to test (will order a new one). Removed coil cover that was filled with sand (will order a new one)

Want to RTV inside the 2 stress relief cords (headphone & coil) on the control box. and where the cord goes into the earphone.
For the stress relief(s)- [size=large]Can I loosen those -add the RTV and tighten them back without doing damage? Do I need a special wrench?[/size] The one at the coil was easy enough with a 15 mm wrench but there is not enough clearance near the box.

Headphones- [size=large]Can I get to & seal where the wire connects inside the ear cup? Is there a stress relief inside?[/size]
I notice what seem to be plugs on mono line inside the ear cups. Drain holes? Plugged or left open for-diving? Not in the manual.
[size=large]How do you get the plugs?[/size]

Thanks for all of the help & input,
GTzer

I don't know about sealing,But be careful as headphones and coil is hard wired and shouldn't be removed or they will leak.JMHO.

NOT removing any hardwire (wouldn't even try)- stress relief is the plastic that covers the connection. Everything I've done to this MD is external. I want to over kill any & all of the potential leak spots I've read about.

Stress relief on the coil was an easy 1 minute operation. Really want to do the 2 on the control box. A swipe or RTV at the crimp would pretty much finalize the prep for me. The headphones should be OK. As I told you-I won't be diving. Just would hate for an errant wave over the head or a down pour to knock out the phones.

I thought that I would have tested this unit -in the saltwater by now. It arrived 6 days ago. I have about 8 hrs of cleaning and prep into it. (see list above). Got a slew of last minute jobs, birth of my 1st grandson and this %&*$#! stomach bug since it arrived. Tomorrow or Thursday I will drive it to the beach. 1 leak proof test and I'm satisfied.

Harold-thanks for selling it to me and the offer to take it back if I wasn't satisfied. Hopefully you can see that I don't want it to fail. I know that you had it in the water 1 time. Did you completely submerge it? Did the headphones go underwater or get soaked in the rain?. Everything works. Just got to test it wading in the saltwater. I also appreciate your input to my many questions in my posts. It will pass.

Yes I did submerge the unit don't think the headphone's though not sure? But did hunt a couple times in the rain as that is what's nice about a water proof unit don't have to worry about moisture. I would be shocked if it has any leaking issue's as it worked fine after I took it out in the water and before so it must have not had an issue before I got it. So Good luck.