Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-20 stoped working??????

I just got a used CZ-20 which work great for about 8 hours, When I turned it on the other day the two light would fliker one to show it was on, But it would not sound off on a targe when I run a coin across the coil & the two lights will not light either. Even when I use the pin point no sound or lights. I put brand new battries in & the same problem. Does anyone know what it could be or has had this happen to them.

richrider99

Rich, Did you use it underwater or on land? It sounds like it has water inside. One thing you can try. Might work and might not. Turn it on and hit one of the sides of it with your palm rather hard. I had a machine that I had to do that to once or twice before it would work. If it has water inside it won't work again until its sent in. Even if you could take it apart, there is NO way you can pressurize it to make sure its watertight again.

IF you can't get it to work, you will have to send it in to have repaired and turned into a CZ-21. Cost is 299.00 UNLESS you need a new coil or headphones, then it is more. The good news is that after the upgrade, you will get a 1 year warranty on the machine. Email me if you have questions. Good luck.

The main problem with water units new or used is the water integrity situation. Especially with used ones where one never knows if the unit leaked or the rubbers shrank in storage. Indeed a call to Fisher or the person you bought it from is in order. With land units I would be checking the battery contact points but in this case Scuba gives some good info so call Fisher and see what they recommend...
Had the same problem years ago with a used Garrett AT3 where a unit leaked in salt water(confirmed by Garrett) and unit worked for a while and then went wacky. Garrett repaired at dealers expense. At this point both buyer and seller could be a victim of circumstances as units take a beating in shipping or storage and imagine only Fisher could tell you thru examination...Most major companies will give you a cost estimate to fix so you have some decisions to make...

I used it in a lake & had it hip mounted! A few times the water would be around my waist. It should not have leaked with no preasure on the unit but maybe it did!

That's a bummer, I had a CZ20 all summer and had no issues with leaks, great detector. I know the battery compartment is separate, but could a loose battery cover or possibly a missing/bad o ring cause this? Just curious, especially if it worked for a bit after you got it...