Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 20 Threshold Question

All CZ's have a scratchy auto tune. My CZ-3D is the same way. If I were you I would hunt in disc. mode with 0 disc. and go by tones as that is the way I hunt with all my CZ's.Auto tune is just to noisey for me. If you are looking for jewelry just dig the mid. tones and ignore the other two.

Sounds like the nature of the beast. Would really need to compare to another unit or have someone familiar with it listen to be sure; but your description sounds like it is OK. Try the new batteries and see if there is any change.

Compared to the XL Pro threshold, the CZ is a bit uneven or not smooth. For some reason, the very smooth XL Pro threshold has me unconsciously clenching my teeth and after an hour or so I have a sore jaw. I have to think about relaxing the jaw and that takes away from concentrating on target sounds.

With the CZ, over wet sand I run high sensitivity and autotune and get great depth. I'll flip to discrimination 0 when I find a target to check it's ID. In the water I'll run sensitivity around 5 or as high as I can without a lot of falsing in discrimination 0. Depth is still excellent but I get just a little deeper in autotune with the sensitivity up than I so in discrimination mode.
Cheers,
tvr

The CZ auto tune is nothing like the XL-PRO super smooth threshold as I have both they are totally different. I don't know why any one would want to hunt in auto tune anyways it's just to noisey and to me the depth isn't that much different. That is the same thing with the XL-PRO everyone talks about the great depth in GEB/SAT mode or all metal,But to me the GEB/DISC mode with low disc. in hot rock accept. is just as hot.

Thanks for the replies.
Nature of the CZ----good.
This will be strictly a beach machine. Emphsis on wading.(not diving). Haven't taken it out of the yard to field test. Besides a last minute heavy schedule I've been busy waterproofing every possible weak spot I've read about. I have 2 more questions on that subject that I'll post in another thread.

In regards to search modes- I find I get a wider search field with the 8" in auto. SO sparse targets- auto then check with 0 disc. Closer targets-disc 0. (that's how I use the xl & xterra also.)

I sealed the PP and won't be using that.

Thanks
GTzer

GTzer said:
I find I get a wider search field with the 8" in auto.

Yes, that it does. Can also sweep just a little faster in autotune and get good responses. Then slow way down when you flip to Discriminate of 0 to check the target. I find I can run a lot higher sensitivity hunting that way and reach better depth. Unlike some reports of deeper in discriminate mode; I've hit targets with good response in autotune that did not respond to discriminate mode until I took some sand away.
Cheers,
tvr