Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-21 concentric coil vs elliptical coil

The Magician

I have noticed two different coil designs to this detector, one that is proper elliptical and one that is a sort of concentric elliptical. I try to avoid a certain type of coil, could someone tell me which coil design this machine currently comes with? Here's what I'm talking about:

CZ21large-popUp.jpg

cz_21_newlg.jpg

Both CZ21s have the proper coils on them. One is the 8" coil, the other the 10.5" coil. Both come from the factory.

^ correct both are quicksilver coils CC design the circle one is the 8" the big one is the 10.5" I have the 10.5 on my CZ-21 and I love it.

No need for email, the "Factory" is already here.

Standard CZ20/21 factory searchcoils are coplanar concentric.

--Dave J.

An easy mistake but an ardent CZ user would see that right off the bat....Perhaps you don't know they are handwired so no changing back and forth like a land CZ.
Either are the choice of many but if you wish to switch its a factory job....

Have used both....the 10.5 went bye bye. It is nice to have and it felt like it went deeper but in the surf the larger coil was not worth it. Will be buying another unit with an 8" soon.

how come the coils were never developed to be interchangeable, no one ever design a water proof plug in, you would think they could do it in the factory for a price

Caretaker me said:
how come the coils were never developed to be interchangeable, no one ever design a water proof plug in, you would think they could do it in the factory for a price

At one time they were changable, but eventually the design was changed to hardwired coils.

Dave

The CZ20/21 searchcoils were never interchangeable. The land CZ's do have interchangeable searchcoils.

--Dave J.

Tesoro Tiger Shark was interchangable, however are no longer. I don't belive anyone does it now.

Hye, can I butt in and ask the following, Though I think between these posts it has been answered):-

I have just been offered (A).a 2nd hand in "good" condition CZ-21 fitted an 8" coil and for 100

Kieth-Tx said:
Have used both....the 10.5 went bye bye. It is nice to have and it felt like it went deeper but in the surf the larger coil was not worth it. Will be buying another unit with an 8" soon.

:ukflag: I just followed your choice and experience of a CZ-21 and bought one with an 8" coil, there

Crusty said:
I've had both but settled on the 8" coil. Seemed more sensative to small targets and easier to use all around. I love my CZ21 and will never be without one.

Dave

:ukflag: I just followed your choice and experience of a CZ-21 and bought one with an 8" coil, there