Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz 21 dirt digging electrical interference ??

grumpy

Friends I have a new to me cz 21 an trying it out in a city park I noticed a sever case of elec interference . Is this machine prone to have more problems than most or maybe im off base with a setting or? I had to turn sens down to 3 or 4 to hunt. I have hunted this spot many times with our f75 ltd an no problems? Maybe its strickly a water machine??
thanks for any input.
Grumpy

Grumpy,
I've got a F75-LTD, A CZ20 and a CZ6A. I've used the CZ20 quite a few times to go dirt digging in the rain. The CZ's are dead quiet hunters in places where the F75 gets chatty due to EMI. Sensitivity setting of 3 or 4 to not false is not unusual on a CZ, although I can run a bit higher on the two older units that I have. While I can hunt through chatter with the F75-LTD, the CZ's falsing a lot due to high sensitivity settings are not friendly to hunt with. You want a CZ that hunts quiet except when you are on a target, so adjust the sensitivity accordingly.

I guess you checked batteries and battery connector just to rule out the batteries as a potential issue?

If it truly is getting affected by EMI where the F75-LTD is OK, I'd seriously think about sending it in for a checkup.

Hopefully some one on here with a CZ21 can give more thoughts on the sensitivity setting they use with a CZ21.
Cheers,
tvr

Sounds like a trip in for repair is warranted. If you have another coil try it out to rule out a coil problem..

Dan, cant change coils its a water bug.
Tvr, the batteries are new but I dont know anything about there problems, Do cz batteries cause a common problem at times I should know about.
Also is 3 , 4 sens about normal for parks???
I also noticed on my wedding ring I had to be o disc 2 to pick it up and the wife found a rel. Medal 7.4 g. 18 k a round coin shape with the f75 ltd an I had to go to 1 disc to pick that up. Does that sound about right???
thanks much for the help
Grumpy

I have not experienced any real battery issues with the CZ's I have; just make sure they are good batteries and the connectors look clean and snap in securely. Every now and then I run into a single bad battery, like last fall a brand new battery in a smoke detector had the smoke detector telling me it needed a new battery. Swapped out one new one for another and all was well.

Some gold can show up in the foil or large iron range, so not seeing gold with the CZ set on higher disc settings sounds right. I run the CZ on disc of 0 and listen to all tones, even when hunting dirt. I feel it gives me better information on the targets. Some targets bounce from low tone to a mid tone or high tone. CZ likes a fairly slow coil sweep. The F75 sometimes like faster sweeps to get better ID numbers; but boost and cache modes need slower sweeps. Play with sweep speed some.
Cheers,
tvr

Oh and I'm still hoping for someone with a CZ21 to chime in on sensitivity settings. When I first got the CZ20 I started at 3 but now run at around 5, with the CZ6A I can run around 6. You will get good depth running sensitivity in the 3 to 4 range; just that some more information from more users may be helpful.