Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz 21 dirt digging questions

grumpy

Morning friends; I have a couple of questions on the cz 21. bought this to beach hunt but have been playing with it dirt digging the past few weeks.

First off the machine gets hits once in a while often enough to be concerned, the hits are high tones and consitantly only one direction. Cant make it hit both directions. I am assuming this is not a good target????
Second is there any indicator of depth on the machine? I cant figure out how to read the sounds into the depth of the target or a general idea. When I get a high tone and the garrett pinpointer don't read the target it is usually a deep beer can, or if the machine pinpoints reading is kinda vague not real small and distinct its usually a beer can. ????

I also found the running the machine on 4 disc rules out most pull tabs, keeps in nickels BUT what about small gold? is most of that lost there, should I run at 1 to get small gold??
Thanks for any tips, been at this for several years and never tried one of these cz s they are a different cat, no crutches to lean on ie(meters and gages) :)
Grumpy

If I'm not mistaken, the cz's shut off only the sound of the target when it's on a disc number, other than zero. Its almost like a iron/tab/foil etc volume control,, but only off and on are your choices.

I've found a few times that those one way high tones are either false or iron targets. I usually hunt the beach in all metal and switch to disc 1 when I get a hit. this tells me iron(low tone) or other. I've found targets that turn out to be clad when the initial tone was low -high. If low in both directions then iron. I don't know if I would hunt in disc 4 as aluminum and gold both hit mid tone so you could miss some good stuff- but you also wouldn't be digging as much junk. hard call. HH Joe

Yes I found that 1 is needed to be sure that disc is not to high for gold. Wife found a gold medallion for a muslim religion thing and it was 7.4 grms of 18k and it took a 1 on disc to pick it up with the cz 21. She found it with her F75ltd. . I thought that was a bit odd being that bulky. So when I hunt and have time to dig everything I use 1 disc. I have not hunted the beach yet with the cz I bought it for wife to use on beach I have a excel but thought that a DD and coincentric would compliment each other on the beach Have not had time to go and see. Retired takes all my time :) :confused:
I just hope it works out as well as the F75 LTD I gave her to learn on :) seems she cant hardly go a week without bringing home some gold or silver to embarrass me :) and since she does share all things that don't fit or appeal to her I don't mind the embarrassment.
Thanks to all
Grumpy