Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz 21 headphone replacement question

grumpy

I have a new to me cz 21 8 in. The problem I am having is with dirt hunting in parks, the headphones an my hearing aids do NOT get along. To much feedback and whisteling. I use several other phones with no problems on my land machines but I want to keep this waterproof for beaches. On the beach I dont use hearing aids just open the volume an sand scoop everything but in parks I like to be a little more discriminate an also I use a pinpointer for final locating, cant hear it without the hearing aids. So is there a replacement set avaliable an can a person change his own or is this a fisher ect. thing???
thanks for any advice.
Grumpy.

Been thinking about your post for a few days...hoped somebody else woulda jumped in that has a little more experience than me...I had a Cz20...sent it in and had it upgraded to a 21...anyway, I got bad ears too...one comes and goes for some reason...every other day it seems the whole side of my head is numb, then theres a 'pop' and I can hear for a little and then it fades away...makes it tough to use phones like the 21 has without independent volume control....so I cut some foam inserts to stuff in one side or the other to try to achieve stereo balanced sound as the situation dictated..it was frustrating to have such a fabulous machine, but no ability to balance the sound.
I guess a fellow could cut off the stock phones, solder on a female plug, and plug in whatever phones you like..especially if you are wading...or, just sell the thing and get a rig that is stereo phone capable...you are not diving 200' I dont imagine, just wading...so hey...trying to help a half deaf brother out a little..:thumbup:
Mud

Thanks mud, you are right about wading as of yet I have not learned deep water an probally chest deep would b max anyway, have x cal for that..
I understand your grief on hearing, lupus I have has the same effect at times but the good hearing periods are getting fewer and shorter.
I do have a dirt digging tid bit you might like, I have blue tooth in my aids an a bluetooth sending unit for the detector, does work but must swing really slow. If they get the senders a little faster it would b great or if you swing really slow.
thanks again, if I find a cure ill post it :)
Grumpy