Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-21 History

drmar

I am looking to get a CZ-21 and want to know if improvements have been made over the years. In other words I need to know if buying a used one could be an issue that has been addressed with maybe an updated version. If all CZ-21's are equal then I need to find a great used one. Thanks

I think if it is a used 'original' CZ21, ie, not a CZ20 that has been converted, then it would have the same features and performance that a new one should have. One major plus a new one will have, is the warranty.

Hopefully someone can verify what I stated.

I recall reading about a few of the early CZ21's not being able to ground balance correctly. From what I read, the factory fixed the ones sent back in. I think I read about one that made two trips back to get it right. Have not heard of any recent issues. I would think the factory service department (e.g. Felix) may get you the most accurate information on any updates or improvements to the CZ21. I don't recall reading about any.
tvr

with the serial number. Some of the first CZ-21's had parts of the CZ-20 still and the pinpoint button on the newer CZ-21's is different than the first ones out. I had both my CZ-20's converted. It wasn't really by choice, they both broke. One was by my own carelesness.

Great machines if you take the time and know how to use one. NEVER depend on iffy signals. Dig dig dig. You will be surprised how much good stuff is right beside junk in the water.

Seems like to me the biggest problem with a CZ20 was the pinpoint button and that issue was addressed and rectified with the CZ21.

Remember buying a used water machine be careful and make sure it does not leak and that would be my first question if I was buying a used one....

How do I contact Felix ? Would he have the history on every CZ-21 ?

scubadetector said:
Yes Felix should be able to give you the history of any CZ-21 with the serial number. Some of the first CZ-21's had parts of the CZ-20 still and the pinpoint button on the newer CZ-21's is different than the first ones out. I had both my CZ-20's converted. It wasn't really by choice, they both broke. One was by my own carelesness.

Great machines if you take the time and know how to use one. NEVER depend on iffy signals. Dig dig dig. You will be surprised how much good stuff is right beside junk in the water.

First Texas Products Phone 1-800-685-5050 . Ask the opperator first. Felix might not have the history of detectors that have never been serviced. GREAT company to talk to.

What if any difference between a CZ-21 and a CZ-20 upgrade to CZ-21 ? Also for the CZ-21 what is the coil of choice 8" or 10 " and why. THANKS

The differences are not noticable, except the new pinpoint button. HOWEVER rumor has it the new CZ-21 parts are made in China. As for the coil.

I swear by a 10". Others love the 8". I have used both extensivly. People that wade complain of the resistance of the 10" in water. I don't have that problem since I dive. I love to cover a lot of ground fast sometimes. The BEST thing about the 8" was it was able to push over weeds better. And a LOT of rings are found in the weeds. Targets close to each other also don't bother me. I dig most everything. I also think the pinpoint button is a waste of time. I don't even use it on my land machines. Once you get very proficient with your machine you can tell where the beep comes from and can memorize a blade of grass, a rock, leaf or something to let you know where to dig.

In some lakes the targets are few and far between. In others I can sit on one spot and dig 30 - 100 targets, not all good but all in the same place. I have pulled gold. silver, clad, iron, brass, aluminum and every other piece of metal out of certain spots without moving an inch. BUT, those places are drop-offs outside of swimming areas where the wader can't touch.

Find where a floating dock used to be in the 20's - 50's, you will be digging for a long time. Every nail, nut and bolt, bottletop, pulltab, swim buckle, snap, button, toy, and anything else that was on it will be in the muck or sand under it. Along with every coin, ring, chain, and anything else of value. When you can find 44 pieces of silver and 3 pieces of gold in one dive, you know you have hit a virgin spot in a lake. Thats the most I have found at one time. Another time I found 18 pieces of silver and 7 buffalo nickels. BUT you have to WORK to find those spots, You need to go through a LOT of silence in lakes with an occasional pulltab, sinker, tool or boat part and wham, targets are everywhere.

Hope this helps. If your in Michigan, don't waste your money, I have already found all the good spots, in all 11 thousand lakes.

One other part of the upgrade fron the 20-21. The lights on the panel are no longer there "leak problems". Also the 21 battery compartment is sealed off from the rest of the unit. So if your batt seal fails you don't fry your machine.

It appears that the first CZ21's had the lights that the CZ20's had and that there has been an update to the housing after the first housing that eliminated the lights (if I am reading this "news" item correctly).
Copied directly from the Fisher Labs web page under the news area:

"No-Charge Upgrade to any owner of a CZ21 with a date code earlier than 0409xxxxx.
Detectors dated 0309xxxxx(March 2009), and earlier are eligible.

Rules:

1. Customer pays to ship detector to El Paso.
2. Fisher ships the detector back to customer, freight pre-paid.
3. Fisher changes the housing and front panel to a new heavy-duty reinforced plastic.
4. Fisher will verify the detector's calibration settings, and adjust if necessary.
5. The upgraded unit will have a new serial number, but the warranty start date will remain the same as the original purchase date.
6. If the unit returned to Fisher has lights on the front panel, the upgraded unit will not have lights.
7. Non-warrantable damage to detector is not covered.

This is a highly recommended upgrade to ensure your CZ21 lasts well beyond the warranty period."