Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 21 will not work upside down anymore

H2OAU

after finding the BB gun yesterday I decided to go back out this morning. Put in a fresh set of batteries and got nothing. Testing the voltage coming out of the battery holder, 18 plus volts. Check voltage at the posts going into the machine, also 18-plus volts. my detector is on an Anderson shaft so it's it's upside down under the arm cuff. if I roll the machine into its upright position it works, as soon as I roll it back upside down it quits working. There are no loose connections in the battery compartment and the voltage stays the same whether it's upside-down or right-side up. I'm not sure what's going on as I have not dropped or even bumped the detector hard enough to loosen anything inside the case. It just refuses to work upside down anymore. Anyone have any ideas? it's just a bummer that I have to send off my machine for repair after only having it a couple months.

There are two circuit boards in the box, one held in place with cotter pins, might be loose. Or one is not seated snuggly into the sockets of the main board.

Heard back from Felix at First Texas today, apparently there is something messed up with a wire in the coil cable where it goes into the housing causing it to work right side up but not upside down. also the machine is way out of adjustment, which would explain why it's always been very hard if at all possible to ground balance. I'm eager to get it back and see what it will do working properly since I I've done pretty well with it not working properly.

Sven said:
There are two circuit boards in the box, one held in place with cotter pins, might be loose. Or one is not seated snuggly into the sockets of the main board.

Good to know, my CZ20 is not working properly, It turns on but is not beeping over a target. Last time I used it before I discovered it had a problem , it was fine but I did drop it on a hard surface , maybe that circuit board came loose ?
I'll try and dismantle it and see if I can find anything obvious.

Cheers
Colin