Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-21

Whimpster

Hi

Whats the going price on a used CZ-21....I have a chance to buy one,not sure what's a good price?

Cheers Bob.

Here is one data point: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?44,2221305

Did not sell here, but on the auction site, it sold. I think it went for a little under $700.

I just sold a 1 year old one for too little a few months back for $725. I then paid $850 for one just like it last week the same age both with 8" coils.

It depends on a few different things. That one on that went for $700 in a post above was a CZ20 that was converted to a CZ21 so that would be the way lower end for a working machine imo. I personally would not buy one that had been converted unless it was a steal. So some things that will make the cost higher...like $900-$1100 - if its still under warranty (even though its non transferable) and perfect shape. Otherwise a good deal would be around $900 for a machine in great shape give or take $50-$100. Most used MD that I see that are working great sell for around 1/3 of the cost it was new.

Now, one thing to note about the CZ21. Just last year they were $1100 brand new. Now they are $1500. If you find someone who doesn't know the price went up who is selling used, they may list it for like $600 and then you got yourself an awesome deal. But the people who are now paying $1500 are going to be looking to get closer to $1000.

adamBomb said:
I personally would not buy one that had been converted unless it was a steal.

That sentiment makes no sense to me since a converted CZ20 becomes essentially an as new CZ21. It is fully tested to specification, new serial number and FT stands behind them.

tvr said:
adamBomb said:
I personally would not buy one that had been converted unless it was a steal.

That sentiment makes no sense to me since a converted CZ20 becomes essentially an as new CZ21. It is fully tested to specification, new serial number and FT stands behind them.

Its a mental thing I guess. If I had to choose I would rather have one that was not converted and I would pay more for that. I am also the type that would rather full price new than for a used machine.

adamBomb,
I grew up with a lot of old but serviceable stuff around because it let the money be used for other things. Most of my detectors have been pick up used and have served well. I understand your perspective ... even if it doesn't make sense to me (said with a smile). I'm the one with a lot of old, well honed, conventions and habits that fit me well.
Cheers,
tvr