Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-3D 5" Coil

Miser67

Has anyone found the 5" coil for the CZ-3D useful?

I'm curious if the depth was acceptable, especially when used in trashier areas.

Is it a concentric coil? I am assuming it is.

I got one but don't use much as not a mega trash hunter. For the most part. But nice to have in case you run on a heavy trash site. The 8 " is suprising good in all but the trashiest sites.

Hey Miser,

I do not currently own the SMALL coil for the CZ. I had one for my CZ-6a many years ago, but only recall using it 1 time in the yard of an old home adjacent to a very old train stop. Not sure why the ground was so difficult, if it was cinders or what, but my regular 8" coil was struggling. In that circumstance, the 5" coil came in handy. I have always been impressed with the 8" coil on the CZ's for both depth and separation.

Rich -

Miser the 5" is a good tool to have for those trash spots where larger coils have a problem with masking / separation from good targets being close to the bad or unwanted stuff. In this vid while hunting a old home site I started with the 8" but soon change over to the 5.

I had used other units in here but never this small of a coil. Was not really looking so much at depth as separation but found that the 5" gave respectable depth on some of the targets dug.

Look over the the editing, first few times of shooting a vid and digging lol but may show some of what you were asking about. I change over just after the first target.

http://youtu.be/M6_0Iq4pAvk

HH

I was hunting with my CTX and the joey coiltek coil Sunday and i got an iffy signal next to a large piece of iron. I could only get it to hit sometimes no matter what direction i swept the coil. Tried to use target trace but the signal was so faint on the trace that i blew it off thinking it was giving a false signal on the edge of the big iron. As i was leaving i could not get that spot off my mind and i had my CZ3D with the 5 inch coil in my truck. I grabbed it and went to that spot and i got a grunt and a good tone. But the tone was very good not iffy at all. I decided to try to pinpoint and see if there were two distinct targets and there was, i could hear it peak on two distinctly different spots so i decided to dig. Six inches down i popped a 42 mercury dime out! I then hunted that spot with the CZ for twenty minutes or so and found a couple of wheats that were masked with trash.

I cannot say the CTX with the 6 in coil would not have found them since i had the joey football coiltek coil on and not the 6 in coil, but still i think it shows how well the CZ with the 5 inch can do in high trash Also glad i had that nagging feeling and went back!.

5 inch hockey puck will go where where large coils won't and are useful I trashy areas..Remember usually can run sens. higher....Always remember getting a 7-8 inch barber dime next to an iron fence as an example....