Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-3D/6A

If you hunt real old areas its meter facets are changed to include more old coins but if you hunt old areas that also are used today expect to dig a lot of trash. Not neccesarily better but improved to get the older coins which include oddball coins...For instance nickle area is expanded to get old nickles which come in foil on your unit..
Also has an exterior speaker but not water resistant like your unit...Tom D. has articles which you can google which explains it fully...

Some disagree but I always thought the enhanced mode made the CZ-3D a Hair hotter. As had every model CZ and Hottest ones were 3D's. JMHO.

On the contrary Harold felt the original CZ5 and CZ6A were the hottest, however so much depends on the tuning...Its 6 of one and half dozen of the other kind of aspect...

Sorry but ones I had where at least a inch shorter. Had one CZ5 I bought New that was close to My 3D's but You had to run it wide open.

Harold and forum members...having used every CZ model ever made and some more than once differed in air tests.
However all were deep seekers in the ground where it counts....in actual hunting conditions...Imagine your ground conditions may be different and produce different results.
No right or wrong answers just deep silver at least in my ground in N.E. Pa.
For those that don't know changing the ground balance settings can change your readings in air tests...

The cz 5 I have is great for deep coins, but the false high tones on iron slowed me down to where I couldn't cover much ground. If you have the time, you can clean an area of coins with the CZ. On big farms like I hunt, The F75 LTD I have now is my friend. Deep and fast.

Some things like updated electronics being more efficient could add depth. Sent in a CZ-6/6A conversion a few years back for repair.....repair tech asked me how old it was
.....there were parts in it they had never seen. (Improper tuning can affect depth drastically on any model-and Dave Johnson's comment about that is posted on this forum.)
It might be that it is better from being different in some situations. It has 4 tones, definitely better; but the enhanced mode is recommended for areas where you are finding older coins.
They widened some of the notches but not all to try to get some older good targets to fall in them-the downside is in areas with newer coins you will get more trash.
The "salt mode" does two things, it defaults the enhanced mode to standard notch such as a CZ-5; but there is a second purpose-it cuts down some on the 'front end' transmit power and makes it
more stable (recommended in wet salt, under some mineral conditions.)
You will have some objects bounce between two notches; depth can cause this as can target oxidation. In some situations (normal depth) you will learn that this bounce can only be one target-its worth learning.
Look for the Fisher Intelligence with NASA Tom it's online (and Tom may have it posted.)
Tom's site has articles posted on hunts/situations with various units; he will answer any question you put to him.

Would it be at all possible to convert the salt mode on the 3D to emulate the "regular" mode on the CZ5? Having both the enhanced and regular modes on the same machine would make for a great turf hunter.

Dan,Dan and others been using CZs for 18 Years and also had every model. No Newbee here. And in My ground a 'Properly tuned' CZ-3D will hit deeper than a Traditional CZ.
I have a 12.1" CZ-3D now that has smoked any other traditional CZ I had. If I could only keep one unit it would be this one. I have had 6 CZ-3D's in all and this is Hottest one. And it's a FT Detector. Ha.