Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-3D and 10.5" coil

lovepulltabs

Just wondering if anyone uses this combination and what you think of it compared to the stock 8" coil as far as depth, pinpointing accuracy, weight and balance of the machine with this coil or anything else you'd like to add. Thinking of getting one.

Pros covers much more area, goes a little deeper than the stock coil, pinpoints well and seems to like targets on end..Cons its heavy and most would hipmount with as it really destroys the ergonomics as your unit becomes nose heavy.Of course hunting areas of high mineralization or salt water enviroments may have to cut back on your sens.
Biggest plus is ground coverage and biggest minus its heavy as everything has its give and takeaways...

I tried one but went back to the 8 inch. I mostly hunt parks or schools. Definatley not as easy to pinpoint with but not too bad once you get the hang of it. In my test garden it did seem to get a little more depth but not enough to make me want to keep it. It was definatley a little heavier.

This Sunray coil offers more coverage, depth and is about the same weight. Not sure if they are still made and a little pricey at best...

Thanks for the advice, I'd like to get the SunRay, but it's like $220, too much for my pocketbook. I've got a chance to get a 10.5" with cover and lower rod for $70 which seems like a good deal, what do you guys think? If it can get an extra 2" I think it's worth it.

I love my fz 12, in open area without much trash dan.I think you can get one around $150.00 used. I really like the weight of the fz it might be as heavy as the 10 inch coil but no heaver,i think it weights in between the 8 and 10 but not sure.As far as hunting it beats the 10 inch by far and pinpoints good to.