Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz - 3d and cz - 5 differences

grumpy

I have a question. Is there any difference in the cz 3d and the cz 5 except age and local of manufacture??? they look like the same machines on the surface??

Thanks
Grumpy

n/t

CZ3D has 4 tones and CZ5 has 3 tones for the tone ID. CZ3D enhanced mode has slightly different settings for high tone ID range so that more older coins sound high tone. CZ5 is a little tighter on the range on what sounds off as high tone so some older US coins sound mid-tone and not high tone.

I think that's it. Haven't used a CZ3D, maybe some others will chime in on how they compare in actual use.
Cheers,
tvr

The CZ-3D has an enhanced mode that takes older Nickels and Indians with enough patina that they read mid tone and push them into a high tone category. Like older V-nickels will read Mid tone foil on a regular mode CZ and on the CZ-3D it will read high tone nickel. Same with older Indians that will read Mid tone square pull tab in regular CZ Mode will read High tone Zinc on a CZ-3D in enhanced mode, It makes it easier if you are hunting older area's that might have these coins along with some modern trash as you can dig high tones only. Also it is the only detector that will give a high tone on a 5 Dollar gold coin if you are lucky enough to put your coil over one. Tom D. has a site that can explain more about it as he developed the concept just google his name.

Thanks much an thanks for the tipon toms site, I should of thought of that since he did my cz 5 for me already.
grumpy

One other difference is that the 5 and 6a do not have an external speaker and the 3D does, making the 5 and 6a splash proof. Not water proof or submersible.

Geezer CZ5 has a speaker just like the C Z3D...got some bad info somewhere....used both and speaking from experience...

I just sent my CZ5 Los Banos out to Tom who certified it and did the conversion change for the CZ3D older coins. WOW this thing is right on and deeper he text me back and said a dime was reading at 12 along with his calibration and testing sticker. He also said it was one of the nicest older ones that he didn't have to tweek into specs very much The salt mode is now for beach sand parks and anything after 1950. The normal mode which is now enhanced is for older pre 1950 sites with less trashy targets. It still has the three tones. So glad to hear that.

One other difference is that the 5 and 6a do not have an external speaker and the 3D does, making the 5 and 6a splash proof. Not water proof or submersible. What does Tom charge for the upgrade? Just did some air tests on my 6a and 3D, the 6a beat out the 3D.

Just finished doing air tests using 6a and 3D, the 6a beat the 3D in almost every category. I realize air tests are not the best but both were operating under the same conditions. The 3D is better on nickels. Both are great machines!