Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-3D in Trash?

Habanero

I am seeing a pattern with some of my reading on this and various forums about people not recommending the CZ3D in heavy trash but nothing much about why it's not recommended for this type of hunting. I'm hoping some of you users can chime in regarding this please? I'm not so much concerned about iron trash littered old home sites as I don't have those to detect but more curious about performance in trashy city parks, trashed freshwater lake camp areas and such where I will encounter some heavy aluminum trash. Is this perfectly fine for the CZ3D or do I need to invest in another detector for pulling coins out of the heavy trash? My interest in the CZ3D is its ability to place nickels in the high tone range as well as other desirable targets.

OK, let's say you have a pulltab and a coin co-located in the same hole.

If the pulltab is above the coin or right next to it, sometimes it will mask the coin so the detector does not sound off on the coin or sound off in a way that will cause you to not dig it.

Some detectors are better at unmasking and target separation than others.

The cz-3d has many excellent attributes including great depth but it's not as good as many other detectors when it comes to unmasking.

And the more trash in the ground, the more likely you are to have good targets masked by bad ones.

Ok, thank you. Most detectors have this issue; it's inherent in all but you are right, some excel better than others for unmasking these good targets.

n/t

You can also try a 5 in coil on there and hunt at 0 disc. and see what happens.

I have found similar results. I dug a 10K gold ring next to a pull tab. I was cleaning my area of the pull tabs for my next hunt. If not for that I would have passed it by.

Ya gotta dig the trash to find the good stuff. My wife used to say you will dig 10-15 trash items for every good one

I use the CZ in super trashy parks and it seems to do just as good if not better than other detectors. One advantage it has is it will high tone on nickels and coins. On some detectors you do not have this ability. For example on some other detector you only have one tone for zinc coins and below. You would have to setup some kind of notch or keep your eye on the display at all times trying to see if one of the many, possibly hundreds, of low conductors you hit in the modern parks could be a nickel.

I usually run mine wide open and listen for the high tones in all the trash. If the CZ is properly tuned it is super accurate on nickels too. Much better than most other detectors. And like was mentioned before put the 5" coil on it and still get fairly good depth and even better target separation.

I have a 6a and a 3D, I have found the 6a to be as good as the 3D in trash and nickels so I put the 5"coil on the 3D and the 8" on the 6a. If I get into lots of trash I swap detectors