Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-3D old sites only, or new sites?

oneton

I have been thinking about getting one of these ,but all the post i read says its for pre 1950 sites.I don't hunt many older sites,should i stay away from the 3d and just keep my coinstrike any help is app thanks. oneton

How well does the Coinstrike work for you? I never had the success with the C$ I've had with any of the CZs.I just got rid of my Coinstrike a couple of weeks ago this unit would work outstanding in my coin garden,but out in the field the CZ was a lot less effort and worked much better.

If you are not at an old site you can take it out of enhanced mode by placing it into the (poorly named) salt mode. Salt mode can be used at newer sites or at the beach.

And you have reg or advanced mode.Sort of two detectors in one surely the CZ3D will work as well as any CZ in newer sites and has a special tone for foil where approx. 1/3 of the gold rings found will fall..In essence advanced mode you dig all high tones to get all the coins in regular(salt) you have a convential CZ with like facets and parameters..
Some swear by the Coinsrike but surely a CZ is deeper and user friendly and would be my choice...but its your call....

I live in louisiana,and the minerals in my area are next to none,i can run my coin$trike th at -1 and my sen at 9 90% of the time.I like my c$ a lot and as for as how deep it hunts i have no problem pulling coins up to 9 inchs as long as i run my th at -1 and my sen wide open.Its not like i am having problems with the c$ because i have read read and read many many post from the old timers and ofcourse from BILL LADD which has helped me greatly i can use this detector with ease. I used to own a cz20 and when i first picked the 20 up within 10 hours i could tell you if i was on a coin or a pulltab i know the cz are very easy to set up and go to where it takes me a little longer to scroll through the system on the coin$trike.I also have a new 12.5 inch coil with the same pins as my coin$trike so i put the coil on and pluged it up then i turned my coin$trike on and the unit works.Ofcourse i was in my house and i never tried it outside does anyone know if this coil will work or will i burn something up with this 12.5 acel coil.The reason i was wondering about the 3d is because someone was going to trade me for my c$ but he decided to keep his 3d so i guess it really doesn't matter now.I wish BL would make a video with the coin$trike HINT HINT. THANK YOU ALL AND HAVE A NICE MENORIAL WEEKEND,ONETON