Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cz 3d verses Cz 5

A

Anonymous

Folks,
Do I understand correctly that a 3d in the salt mode is the same as a Cz 5 in the normal mode?
Or is the 3d in the salt mode the same as a 5 in the salt mode?
I understand the expanded windows in the enhanced mode of the 3d, but in the salt mode how does it compare to the 5?
Can someone please help understand this me.
Thank you for your input.
Jeff

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000">Do I understand correctly that a 3d in the salt mode is the same as a Cz 5 in the normal mode?</FONT>
<STRONG>No.</STRONG>
<FONT COLOR="#ff0000">Or is the 3d in the salt mode the same as a 5 in the salt mode?</FONT>
<STRONG>Yes.</STRONG>
<FONT COLOR="#ff0000">I understand the expanded windows in the enhanced mode of the 3d, but in the salt mode how does it compare to the 5?</FONT>
<STRONG>Same.</STRONG>
<FONT COLOR="#ff0000">Can someone please help understand this me.</FONT>
<STRONG>Maybe.</STRONG>
<FONT COLOR="#ff0000">Thank you for your input.</FONT>
<STRONG>You're Welcome.
Good Hunting,
Otto...</STRONG>

is the cz-5 in normal better or the same as the cz-3d in the enhanced mode. my understanding was that the cz-3d i.d. in salt was the same as the cz-5 in normal.

The CZ3Din the salt mode is the same as the CZ5 in the salt mode. The CZ3Din the salt mode is not the same as the CZ5 in regular mode.
The CZ5 has the regular mode and a salt mode.
The CZ3D has what is called an enhanced mode and the salt mode.
Again the salt modes in both detectors are identical.
The CZ3D still has only the 2 modes in ID just as the CZ5. The difference being is that the ENHANCED mode of the CZ3D is expanded so that it will pick up older coins such as half dimes and older nickels, some tokens and produce a high tone. Whereas on the CZ5 some of these coins (half dime, older nickels) would be discriminated out on the CZ5 as they fall in the pull tab area.
Remember though CZ3D did not just take the pull tab area and make it high coin...it only took a segment of the pull tab range and put it in high tone. That segment being where many of the old coins will fall such as discussed above.
It is a simple concept but very hard to explain without rambling. Hope this helps.

<STRONG>As stated, the 3D has had the <span style="background-color:#ffff00;">target segments expanded</span> to include certain additional targets. The target segments on the CZ5 are "tighter" and place those targets in a segment that could be considered trash, depending on what you're looking for. The 3D was <span style="background-color:#ffff00;">"designed" to be used in older sites</span> that haven't had modern use with modern trash such as pulltabs and aluminum can slaw. <span style="background-color:#ffff00;">It's a great idea.</span> Unfortunately, many of those older sites are still in use today, and <span style="background-color:#ffff00;">contain a lot of aforesaid trash</span>. The problem I found with the 3D was that in trying to hunt those sites, more trash read as a good target than I was willing to deal with. When I am on a site that can produce older coins and artifacts, I will <span style="background-color:#ffff00;">dig more of the "trash" segment signals</span> if they sound right and are deep enough to <span style="background-color:#ffff00;">"possibly" produce a good find</span>. I, personally, don't see any advantage to the 3D over other CZ's unless you have an abundance of those sites where it could excel (no pun intended). On the other hand, if you do have those sites, just <span style="background-color:#ffff00;">dig more of the pulltab and zinc targets with the CZ5</span>, as there should be no pulltabs or can slaw to deal with. No, I'm not bashing it. <span style="background-color:#ffff00;">It's just an opinion.</span>
Hope this helps,
Otto...</STRONG>

So, if I dig all pulltab ids with my cz5 I should get the old coins, right?
By the way, the explanation is great.

I feel sort of like what Otto says.
I also feel that small portion of pull tab for old coins and other possible good finds was always there with the regular cz's but was noted with the 4th tone on the cz70Pro and trying to get a more or less copy cat with a 4th tone and try to get a old coin mode so to speak the 3d attemps that.
I think the cz70Pro still offers the best approach at the old coin and relic or combo seek and that is more a notification to possibly look for a goody when that 4th tone hits. depending on where your hunting.
HH
Dan R.

Thank you all for your input and clarifications between the 5 and 3d.
Since the 5 is still avaliable I am trying to decide
on which of the two to purchase.
For those of you who have used the 5 and the 3d, which of the two do you prefer?
Thank you all again.
Jeff