Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz 3d

harry

HI.. Just bought a new cz 3d .Have always used a minelab but read a lot of posts about the 3d how deep it goes. Well it does go deep and it is very easy to use compared to a explorer. It has a very quick recovery time on close targets separates them well. What amazed me the most is how well it hits on all coins especially nickels and dimes.Have about 5 hours on it so far and found loads of clad 2 Indian head nickels 3 Wheaties and a barber dime. Just starting to get used to the sounds and how to tell the good stuff from the bad. Dug a lot of square nails that were over 10in deep. Could have passed on them but wanted to see how deep it would go. AM very pleased with the 3d it is going to get the coins i have missed as well as others in our parks.

I went to the hardest hit section of the park that many of us hit with the explores and found theses coins with ease! Just go slow and check out all high tones that repeat is all there is to it. Very well worth the money. Happy hunting Harry

Harry, it sounds like you got the 3d figured out. To get the extremely deep coins, start digging some one way signals. I use to get coins so deep that I could not get any audio when I went into pinpoint. Those coins ended up about 10 inches. You are right on the money with your nickle observation. I found more buffalo and V nickles with the 3d than with any other detector. Keep us posted on your finds. R.L.

Those darn deep heavily rusted nails are a problem with all CZ's but there are ways to allow you to dig very few..Mikes CZ page is a must read for all CZ users and will have you digging less and less of them...

With my 3D I'm getting decent depth, but find the meter/tones are not always 100% accurate. I have dug deep coins - an indian head and a mercury dime that I specifically remember, that had coin-iron bounce. It just sounded a little "good". So while you might be tempted to pass up a bouncy iron reading, use the pinpoint to check the depth. If it is deep, you may want to dig a little just to be sure. It doesn't cost anything to dig. And if you don't have it, the Sunray probe is awesome, if it really is a nail, it will be in the side of the hole usually, and that probe will zero in on it.

hi!..harry!
what would you say your ratio is of aluminum junk to coins in a very trashy park hunting in advanced mode?

(h.h!)
j.t.