Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-5 meter / discrimination question...

A

Anonymous

I have a few questions regarding my CZ-5. 1. the meter and tones register correctly on most targets. However, the meter stays at the position of the last target until a new target is detected. Then it indicates the new target. Is that normal? 2. When trying to set up my discrimination to allow V-nickels and Shield nickels, discrimination level 2 gives a mid tone and the meter shows as foil. I find that I cannot accept them (or a small gold ring) if I set the discrinimation level at position higher than 2 while in normal mode. Is this normal? 3. If I switch to salt mode, I can detect the V nickles and Shield nickels at discrimination level 3, and they ID as nickels with a high tone. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for your response. HH

V-shield and even some Buffalo come in low and may hit nickel or have a foil to nickel bounce as their mineral content is different than a Jefferson nickel.
CZ3D has expanded their nickel facet to correct this situation. Sounds like your CZ5 is working fine to me judging by your post and not actually having it in hand to test...

meter needle hanging on to a reading until I pass over a new target? Is that normal? I figured the needle would return to zero between targets, not stick on the latest reading. Actually though, I kind of like it staying put. Makes target ID faster when I don't have to pass over the signal a couple times. Thanks.

That's just how the CZ's work, it will stay there till you hit a new target. So yes that is normal, nothing wrong with it.