Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cz-5

Snipe

I have a CZ5 and I love it. My problem is with silver, I don't find any, lots of pennies dimes and quarters but no silver, How come ? Be nice, i'm old

Certainly one of the best deep silver units I have used....perhaps no silver where you are hunting.have to find some old areas.....info coming from a 80 yr.old dude myself...

I have hunted for years with a cz 5 and found a lot of silver coins. I have used the 5in. The 8 in. And the 10in
Coils. The 5 or the 8 is the easiest to use. Maybe you are going to fast or you are not where silver is? Cz s are one of the deepest detector. 8 inch coil where I live will get a dime at 10 to12 in.. it depends on how wet the soil is. Keep after it.

Thanks for the information, Maybe new location and slow down try harder. Do you guys use any particular discrimination. 86 years young and good for a couple hours daily.

Slow is he way to go for depth and most silver is deep...learned the hard way years ago when my buddy was 2 silvers up on me and I got tired and slowed down after many hours and he bought supper as scored 3 silvers in last half hour...

Good Morning sir, what setting do you use for silver, I have tried most recommended settings and gone where silver should be but no luck. Any advise would be appreciated, glen in central Texas

Try going to old home. If you are using a 8 inch coil lesson high tones that sounds like it's way off. I have got 100s for silver coins like this. Good luck

No doubt that I will eventually get the hang of it.. I just wont quit..When I do , you will hear me holler all the way back to your home!

glen

Just to say the cz s are very good detectors. The only draw back on them is aluminum bottle caps and bottle caps. They sound like a quarter. If you get in a lot of them not good.

John 71.....aluminum caps usually cover more area in pinpoint...biggest problem real old Wheaties come in as high tone...have two shoeboxes full accumulated over years...

I have a new headphone but after a while it sure is hard on my floppy ears. Any suggestion on a pair that is more comfortable ?

Anybody out there use a CZ detector and also has a minelab CTX 3030? I'm a long-time user of a CZ 5 and I've also had the CTX 3030 for a year. I love the CTX 3030 and how good it does in trash. But I always like the CZ as well.

I know the CZ goes deep, I just don't really know how well it does in moderate trash. Anyone own both a CTX and a CZ and able to make comments on how those two detectors go head-to-head in old parks(with moderate trash)?

Snipe said:
Mr John, Found my first silver today. 1937 Quarter,,, Looking for more.:God is good
well very glad you found the silver. Just keep working at it there be more. And on the aluminum caps . I don't mind digging a few but went a place a few years ago that there a cap every 3 inches. 100s of them. Just to let you know just how good the cz 5 is I hunted a place with my nox 600 and my safari few times. It has a lot of slag steel rock there. The cz 5 can hunt over this stuff. Found 4.16 clad. I like to go back over the land with the cz 5 just to pick up all I can. Good luck