Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-5's

Tajue17

I've been hearing these are great machines,,,, I'm thinking of moving from tesoro up to a VDI type Fisher but also heard the CZ's are pretty nice and they do have a type of VDI screen giving you an idea what its reading..

I'm doing 80% non salt and sometimes like to hit the beach over wet salt sand so really trying to find the perfect machine for me that doesn't take 5 months to learn,,,,, the machine's weight isn't a concern.

Tajue17,

They're great machines. Based on your usage (and history), it sounds like it might be perfect for you.

It's very quick to learn, and also fast to use...as it keeps information overload to a minimum.
They go deep in pretty much all soils.

The dual freq design is very accurate with the coin classifications, so If you hear a high tone...dig.
(You can check the screen if you want, or just dig.)

The only 'weakness' these machines have, (if you can call it that), is that they can be fooled by rusty/pointy iron.
If you suspect iron, use the pinpoint mode to get a more 'all metal' feel to the target size and shape.
And watch to see if disc and pp give you a different 'center'...which indicates iron as well.

Many people swear by the old CZs...there's nothing quite like them.

:)
mike

CZ's are great wet salt sand detectors. Good choice to do both beach and dirt hunting tasks; with a caveat.

The main reason I use other detectors (and I like the Tesoro detectors I have for dirt detecting) is not iron high toning with the CZ, it is target masking. Iron high toning can be worked through and most iron properly identified. But masking; even with a slow sweep speed, listening to all tones and walking around a target to sweep from all directions with the CZ, iron will mask a nearby non-iron target more with the CZ than with the Tesoro detectors I have. The F75-LTD that I have is pretty good at unmasking non-iron from iron, but certainly not perfect either. I don't think there is a detector that can unmask it all.

My opinion would be to add a CZ to your tool set and keep the Tesoro (or Tesoros if you have more than one).
Cheers,
tvr

Chasia your post made me think how to keep a subterranean CZ's battery charged- solar panel and a wire down, etc.
Then it went to a chain on the headstone like the pens at the bank or PO and a CZ there to swing when loved ones bring flowers and pay their respects by getting a high tone off your coffin.
I think I need a nap.

I just picked up a basically new CZ 5 today for $430 shipped.There is not a mark on it.I had one of these back in the day and ran it till it died and that took a looooong time.I metal detect every day and this is my 20th machine now.I can't wait to get this CZ up and running,the memories it will bring back.HH!